Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can someone recommend a trident I can carry on my long rides?
Quote | Reply
The bigger the better. With all these threads about violent roadies (that clearly hate triaffaleets) and violent car drivers that could possibly know BJJ I figured I'd start carrying a huge fucking trident while on my long rides with my full-on tri gear aero helmet, disc wheel, one piece racing kit, all on my high dollar carbon steed. I want it to be hugely visible and strapped to my back I mean who's gonna fuck with a guy carrying a giant fucking trident on his back even if Im in the middle lane??!! Many thanks from a scared tri guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone recommend a trident I can carry on my long rides? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone recommend a trident I can carry on my long rides? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I mean who's gonna fuck with a guy carrying a giant fucking trident on his back

The cops.

But here you go…

http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/...diators-trident.aspx

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone recommend a trident I can carry on my long rides? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
I mean who's gonna fuck with a guy carrying a giant fucking trident on his back

The cops.

But here you go…

http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/...diators-trident.aspx

Oh man, it's out of stock :(

Not surprising though, at the low low price of $99 (not pink... sorta)

EDIT: I'm reading the description for this, and at no point does it seem to have been written ironically. It baffles me.
Are gladiatorial battles still a thing where these people live?
Last edited by: Liaman: May 24, 15 7:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Maybe you can borrow one from this guy until the other one is back in stock. I don't see him carrying it with him in Italy at the moment!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nobody's constipated on race morning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No joke a few years ago I saw a guy riding a cruiser down Conroy road near Millenia (CFL peeps will know where that is) and the guy had a pretty big machete in his right hand. No car came within 50' of him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tridents and spears are fairly difficult to control single handed especially while steering the bike with the other hand. Difficult to brace when charging forward, unless you use a knight's lance. Also a bit un-aerodynamic.
I would suggest a cavalry saber, a scimitar or even better, a brightly colored katana across your back.

Can't believe I spent 15 minutes reading up on cavalry tactics. I need a life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can alternatively try this approach:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cattle prod, yo. Puts out a soothing buzz as your assailant goes fetal.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone recommend a trident I can carry on my long rides? [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
Tridents and spears are fairly difficult to control single handed especially while steering the bike with the other hand. Difficult to brace when charging forward, unless you use a knight's lance. Also a bit un-aerodynamic.
I would suggest a cavalry saber, a scimitar or even better, a brightly colored katana across your back.

Can't believe I spent 15 minutes reading up on cavalry tactics. I need a life.

Seriously, only use the trident for the swim. Have the saber across your aerobars on your bike and put it on in T1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An UZI BTA is probably the most aero.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Can someone recommend a trident I can carry on my long rides? [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianB wrote:
you can alternatively try this approach:

I want this...not because of cars but because of red wing black birds.