Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM 70.3 Augusta ?
Quote | Reply
Quick question...avid runner, and cyclist, new to triathlon, and first time posting in this forum. Is the swim course in Augusta typically wet suit legal? I live in Florida so wet suits are not typically used. Just trying to figure out if I should purchase/train in one. This will be my first half ironman. Getting really excited. I've just done a handful of sprints in the past. Swimming is most definitely my weak sport so any advantages that can be yielded from wearing a wet suit is a plus.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta ? [franceschi710] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year was wetsuit legal. I can't speak to previous years.

Edit: Swim as close to the middle of the river as you can. Current is quicker there.

Formerly TriBrad02
Last edited by: TriBrad02: May 20, 15 9:11
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta ? [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good advice. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe it has been wetsuit legal ever year. If not every, the overwhelming majority have been wetsuit legal.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta ? [songmak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every year has been wetsuit legal. You'll swim /float quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
franceschi710 wrote:
Swimming is most definitely my weak sport

You picked the right race. I did it in 2012 and plan to go back next year, because, well, I can't swim either.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, so far, Augusta has been WSL every year. The RD does everything possible to make sure that happens, as a WSL race is so much more safer for everyone. Here's an informational website I have that gives lots of local insider info. http://www.augustahalfironman.com/

Let me know if any questions, I'll be glad to help where I can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always wet suit legal and always fast. It's the savannah river.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not only is is normally wetsuit-legal, it's normally a lightning-fast swim. It's one of--if not THE--fastest swim on the 70.3 circuit.

George D.
Canton, GA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 1st 4 years ago. Rent one and just practice once with it the week of the race. No biggie just need to get the fit right. It's a great race to have as your first. Swim is fast and short. Good luck and enjoy all your hard work.
Quote Reply