Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Custom Tri clothing [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. You did not customize it with Logos?
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri clothing [Triagain2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just my name and the American flag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got some from ATAC https://atacsportswear.com/
They do allow you to order 1. I ended up ordering a few because of the price break.
Great quality, good price. It does take some time to get the order out. From the time I signed off to the time I received them it was 5 weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto does
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Champion System will allow you to one order 1-2 pieces. It's pretty expensive though with minimums that low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered a virKlon Aero Top and Trishorts yesterday. Ok, site use Flash, but very easy to try out different color combinations and save designs for comparison and further use. Put last name in front and (very) small flag at back on the top. No name on the shorts for me, thank you. Would have liked examples of what at least some of the different colors look in real life, there's a lot to choose from. 106€ shipped within EU, great!

Reading some of the other aero suite threads, I see virKlon have made several changes to these over the last year, made top longer and put in clips to attach to the shorts, changed sizing, materials and pads (3mm front/6mm back), so difficult to compare, but looks great all in all. I might end up buying more from them, they have a lot of different garment for cycling and running also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice green Virklon suit.

I was thinking of getting one of these suits, but am a little confused by the sizing.

Are you able to give us an idea of how tall you are, and make any comments about the fit for your height?
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri clothing [AforEffort] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure they've changed their sizing since last year so this will be of limited utility. I'm 6'2" with a 31" waist... I forget my chest but it's on the broad side... 165lbs and my Virklon suit is a size small. The material they use on the chest and the arms really has a lot of give to it so I wouldn't hesitate to size down if you're on the border.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri clothing [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is also jakroo. Not sure on their turn time, but I am getting an estimate now. Pricing for a tri suit (sleeveless) is 200 for 1 and 250 for 2. I am going with 2 as for 50 more, not bad on the price break. Quality? Some of the local shops have ordered their kits from them and they seem alright in store, but having not purchased any of their products, cannot speak to use properties.

Team Gingerfight
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri clothing [AforEffort] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'10" with about a 38" chest, slim in the waist 30", fairly broad-shouldered with a bit of arm muscle. I'm about 156 lbs right now. I have two aero tri tops from Virklon, the first was in size Small but I bought the second top after they changed their patterns and sizing, and went for a Medium this time. They fit the same. If I was a bit skinnier I might want to size down to Small in the new pattern, but as it is the Medium is perfect for me.

There are a few small differences - the new design is slightly longer in the body at the front, and has a lower cut neckline which is a bit more like a skinsuit. I actually prefer the old pattern for that, but it was too short up front. The arm sleeves still fit amazingly well, the fabric is unbelievable stretchy.

If you buy the top you really want the shorts, without their tri shorts you can't use their retention clip system. With their tri shorts you have these little retaining straps at the back of the tri top which clip in to the matching clips in the shorts. If you don't use this the back of the top can ride up when you bike, like this (below). With the retention clips in this doesn't happen. I'm sorry I don't have a photo of that with the Virklon shorts, but I do have a pair and I agree the pad is a bit bulky - really stiff in fact, a bit like cardboard. Hoping this will soften with a couple of washes.

A final thought - for me, even with the clips, the top can wrinkle up a little bit in the torso particularly at the sides, and I don't know what effect this has on aerodynamics. I am considering buying the one-piece sleeved tri-suit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought this suit as well. Because it's custom and because I'm primarily doing short distance I had them do a couple custom mods:
1. Use there super thin short distance pad
2. Delete the rear pockets

This suit fits awesome and looks the part. I'm 5'7 133lbs and the fit is great. I had the octane last year and could never get rid of the arm wrinkles.

Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri clothing [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't even think to try this. Good idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri clothing [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
I'm 5'10" with about a 38" chest, slim in the waist 30", fairly broad-shouldered with a bit of arm muscle. I'm about 156 lbs right now.
... I bought the second top after they changed their patterns and sizing, and went for a Medium this time. They fit the same. If I was a bit skinnier I might want to size down to Small in the new pattern, but as it is the Medium is perfect for me.

I'm 6'2" with a 42.5" chest. Waist is 35-36" and weight 180-190 lbs, depending on, well, motivation. The virKlon size calculator suggested a size L for a "very tight" fit and that's what I ordered. Seems to be in line with the above.

My order was a couple of days in the "waiting room" and have now been two days in production. How long did you have to wait for yours?
Quote Reply
Re: Custom Tri clothing [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rsmoylan wrote:
I hear the people at Kiwami do great work.

Another happy Kiwami customer. Andre was insanely helpful, turnaround was extremely quick. I'm sure other companies are great as well (I have dealt with DeSoto but not for suits, and they were helpful as well) - just saying that you won't be disappointed if you go with Kiwami.
Quote Reply

Prev Next