Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FLO = Stupid (Stupid Fast, that is)
Quote | Reply
Inaugural ride on my 60/90s. Took them on my favorite circuit (37 miles with 1500 ft of elevation gain). Old PR from 5 years ago was 1:51:43 (19.9 mph). New record:1:49:05 (20.3 mph). So, I am sure it is part placebo effect and part a need to justify the $s I spent on them and part the ideal biking conditions (60's ; very little wind); but 5 years ago I was in my mid 50's, not low 60's, and that ride was in August after a summer of riding. Three weeks ago I did the same route in 1:56:46 (19.0 mph). I am not trying to say that other aero wheels might not have delivered the same result, but this is an eye opener to me. Subjectively, they felt great, too. Thank you FLO.
Quote Reply
Re: FLO = Stupid (Stupid Fast, that is) [hugoagogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats! I love my FLOs. Very fast indeed! Even if not more so than other brands, at least they are affordable. That, and Chris and John are great guys and offer fantastic service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried to get FLO's last round, but of course they sold out too fast. So I found a great deal on a Zipp 808 and 900 Clincher and pulled the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kudos on doing a 2 hour time trial!

totally agree, flos are an awesome value for their quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when is the next order?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of guys here locally race on the Flo 60's and I have to say they are LOUD. Loud in a really pretty awesome kind of way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hugoagogo wrote:
Inaugural ride on my 60/90s. Took them on my favorite circuit (37 miles with 1500 ft of elevation gain). Old PR from 5 years ago was 1:51:43 (19.9 mph). New record:1:49:05 (20.3 mph). So, I am sure it is part placebo effect and part a need to justify the $s I spent on them and part the ideal biking conditions (60's ; very little wind); but 5 years ago I was in my mid 50's, not low 60's, and that ride was in August after a summer of riding. Three weeks ago I did the same route in 1:56:46 (19.0 mph). I am not trying to say that other aero wheels might not have delivered the same result, but this is an eye opener to me. Subjectively, they felt great, too. Thank you FLO.

Awesome! Glad to hear you had such a great first experience on the new wheels. As another poster mentioned... congrats on a 2hr time trial. That's definitely not an easy thing to do.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO = Stupid (Stupid Fast, that is) [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:

Awesome! Glad to hear you had such a great first experience on the new wheels. As another poster mentioned... congrats on a 2hr time trial. That's definitely not an easy thing to do.

Take care,

Thanks, Chris. I sure wish you would sell a wheel cover for the 90 so it would be purpose built. I really appreciate the experience so far and would prefer to buy from you than from brand X.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hugoagogo wrote:
Canadian wrote:

Take care,

Thanks, Chris. I sure wish you would sell a wheel cover for the 90 so it would be purpose built. I really appreciate the experience so far and would prefer to buy from you than from brand X.

The guys at wheelbuilder do a really good job with the wheel covers. They currently cut them to fit all of our wheels. I don't think you'll have any issues with their covers.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: FLO = Stupid (Stupid Fast, that is) [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really wish you could lace a PT into something more than a 30.... (nudge nudge...)
Quote Reply