Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Have you experienced "rolling coal"? [RONDAL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RONDAL wrote:
Appreciate your feedback and i'll take it under advisement.

When Chris Christie says that, he really means to say "Fuck you"

YMMV

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Have you experienced "rolling coal"? [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well you are correct, I am not a car guy for sure. However I was aware that there is no such thing as a 355 hemi magnum diesel. That was just me being me and my sarcasm attempting to be humorous. To your second point, I concur. It is worth pointing out that most people we encounter in my opinion, including pick up truck drivers are courteous and respectful when passing. It is important to differentiate between the two and I'm happy to agree with you on this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you experienced "rolling coal"? [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, happened to me in the rural areas of Virginia last year. One diesel guy parked up in front of me to spew as I rolled up, then hauled ass away.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you experienced "rolling coal"? [dgran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgran wrote:
Goobdog wrote:
Do you think people hate cyclists any more than they hate it when a group of bikers are riding slow and blocking traffic? Ever notice how drivers don't seem to pass the bikers as close as possible?

Ever wonder why that might be the case?

I'm all for everybody being civil and doing the right thing, but not for one moment do I think that it is possible for cyclists to be "good enough" in order to convince most motorists to be respectful.
+1

Also, to Goobdog: cyclists are traffic.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Have you experienced "rolling coal"? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having worked in NASCAR for a little over a year now, interactions between my colleagues and cyclists have become somewhat of a point of contention.

A number of them have freely admitted to removing the cats from their trucks (they put it back in before inspections), a number of them have freely admitted to "trying to put cyclists in the ditch," and various other idiotic activities.

The irony is that half the race engineers are cyclists, and supposing a truck were to actually try to take out a group of cyclists they could really put a hurt on the team...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Have you experienced "rolling coal"? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
It's also called "small dick syndrome".

There's plenty of young overpaid assholes driving around here in their massive jacked up diesel trucks that have never seen a load in the box, or hauled a trailer.

I just hold my breath for a bit and keep on "Rolling 700c".

Honestly I have more trouble with people driving Pri-asses & the like buzzing within a foot or so than the rig pigs. Then again most of the rig pigs around here know who I am and I know them. So, maybe the real problem is the sense of anonymity?
Quote Reply

Prev Next