Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel storage options?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to build/make a wall hanging wheel storage rack to get some of my extra wheels off the floor. I have a space about 2 feet wide and floor to ceiling clear to work with. Ideally would hold 3 sets (6 wheels). I would love to see some example photos of what people have done.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel storage options? [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send me an e-mail and I'll gladly show you what I've done.....
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel storage options? [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be interested in seeing what you have done as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel storage options? [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you post here? I'm interested!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simple hooks work great. I have a tall garage ceiling and I mounted hooks in the wall above the hooks I hang my bikes from. I've got a handful of deep ones that can handle a deep rim, as well as MTB wheels. These are the vinyl / rubber coated hooks from the hardware store for about $2 each. I've got a broomstick with a smaller hook I use to put them up and take them down... $10 total to store a couple grand in wheels...

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not the cheapest suggestion there is- but you could get a vertical slatwall, along with slatwall wheel holders. They hold two wheels each, by their skewer. 7 wheels being stored in the pic- another 3 could be stored.

http://www.bikeshopliquidators.com/p-13437-evo-dual-wheel-slatwall-display.aspx (slatwall wheel holder)

Last edited by: mcycle: May 3, 15 19:40
Quote Reply