Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Boardman air tte 9.8 wheel issues
Quote | Reply
So last year I raced IMLOU on the boardman air tte 9.8 with reynolds aero 90 wheels. So the issue is they didn't truly fit my frame because my brake pads scrubbed the wheel the whole time, just too wide at 26mm. Basically filed the brake pads down to the nub just to get it to roll 80 dollar brake pad. And I see all these other same bikes as mine with zipp disc which figure around 27.9mm fit. What am I missing? I want no scrub, is it that I have a bad bike mechanic or what? I need some help bad in getting some wheels at 80 mm or deepe. No price range or just general advice on setup?
Quote Reply
Re: Boardman air tte 9.8 wheel issues [teytri24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Boardman rep to me:

Quote:
...simply by removing the spacers located behind the pad and putting them onto the back of the bolt we increase the potential gap from 25.96mm to 33.96mm

If it is the brake tension that your chap is asking about this is done with a 15mm open ended spanner and a 5mm Allen key working together like an old school cup and cone.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a similar problem with the TM01 with having wide wheels. I ride a Super 9 clincher/404. The Zipp disc is actually 26.4mm, not 27.9. If you are looking for a better wheel setup and price is no issue I would look in Mavic wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Boardman air tte 9.8 wheel issues [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK so he was right something so little as the little washer looking spacers on boardman bikes and bmc tm's has to be removed on both sides. It is right before the brake pad just take it off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was at TriShop yesterday looking at bikes and when we discussed your bike they mentioned that there is a problem with the cable and brake workings where they don't apply equal pressure to each brake lever when opened to far for ZIPP or HED Plus wheels. As a result, one lever almost always rubs. They were going to have a conference call with Boardman reps this week. They tried to dremel some parts of the carbon inside the fork to potentially help with more room but it did not work. Plus there is something going on with the cable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I removed the spacers, but not only that, for my rear because the super 9 is so wide I sanded down my pads AND I took the screw off the brake calipers. so technically if i held the rear brake down and rolled backwards I could potentially pull the pad out of the caliper. it was the only was I could make it fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Boardman air tte 9.8 wheel issues [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what do you have the BMC. Boardman said I should be able to put them in with the screw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, were you able to fix the wheel rub? I have the same issue with my tte
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got some new SwissSide Hadron 800+.
Rim width is 23 mm. Fitted the brake with MTB low profile V-brake pads.

Last edited by: Timo74: Jul 4, 15 4:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having the same issue with the T9 Boardman fork on my 2016. The stock 6.7 Enve front wheel is rubbing/barely clearing one side of the calipers. When I pull the lever, the opposite side caliper engages and essentially pushes the rim against the other stationary caliper. I have not tried removing the washer holding the pads or shaving the pads yet. 1st issue is getting both calipers set up the same distance from the wheel and travel the same distance when the brake lever is engaged.
--

Straightenin' the curves; Flattenin' the hills
------------------------------------------------------------
Coached by Mike Plumb @ TriPower MultiSports
https://www.strava.com/athletes/1149072 - https://www.instagram.com/thoswoods/
Quote Reply