Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: view on desoto wetsuits [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for DeSoto. I'm a surfer/bodyboarder and have been wearing wetsuits almost DAILY for nearly 36 years. I know wetsuits. Of course surfing suits are different than tri suits, so when I got into this sport, I checked here on ST and there was an overwhelming groundswell (surfing pun intended) for the brand not only because of the two-piece design, but the obvious over-the-top customer service they are known for, and of course Emilio's reputation as a former pro triathlete and his constant presence here on the forum.

So, I bought my first T1 suit- the Black Pearl. I bought the bibjohn bottoms and both a sleeveless and long sleeve top, essentially getting two wetsuits for the price of 1 1/2 suits. The beauty of the two-piece design is that it can fit all body types because you can buy a different size for the bottoms than you are buying for the top if, for example, you have a large upper body but a normal set of gams.

Also, lots of rotation flexibility because the top isn't connected to the bottom. And, the zipper is super-easy to deal with and the neck seal, because there's no Velcro on the neck, doesn't rub you raw like some suits.

In any case, in over 10 years in triathlon, I am only on my second round of DeSoto suits, now wearing the First Wave, so they last a long time too. In surfing, I have to get a new suit almost yearly, but the DeSoto tri suits hold up over time (assuming you take care of the suit).

Okay, shameless plug now over (I don't work for DeSoto or anything, just so you know.)!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: view on desoto wetsuits [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
correct!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First, I want to first thank everyone who has given their comments on T1 Wetsuits.

As to your concerns, we produced the last zipperless wetsuit top over 13 years ago. The rubber we use now is much different. It is more flexible, durable and buoyant. I should also tell you that over time, wetsuit rubber, whether it gets used a lot or not, does dry up and bemoan brittle. In fact a wetsuit that gets worn and is wet frequently will last longer than one that is never worn. So that old T1, just like any old wetsuit, no matter how good it looks, may not be worth the price the seller is asking.

As for price, we do have demo wetsuits now and then depending on the time of year that we sell at discounted prices. If this is something you are interested in, just send me an email.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: view on desoto wetsuits [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am on my third set. I sold the T1 when I bought the water rover. Then had to buy another T1 when the water rover was made illegal, which I still think is dumb!!
I have been swimming in my water rover in my lake for the last 2 months. Will be taking another swim in it in about an hour. Love how it keeps me nice and warm
in cold water.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:

As for price, we do have demo wetsuits now and then depending on the time of year that we sell at discounted prices. If this is something you are interested in, just send me an email.

How long do you typically let somebody demo your suits?

Thanks for the information.
Quote Reply
Re: view on desoto wetsuits [maddog95835] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, we demo suits at certain races, and events. We do rent wetsuits and that info you can find here:

http://www.desotosport.com/category/wetsuit_rental

Rent a T1 Black Pearl for your next triathlon! Please input your height and weight and you can either stop in Thursday or Friday at our Miramar Showroom, before your race or we will ship it to you. Then, simply mail it back to us by Friday of the following week.
If you find you love your suit, no problem - contact us and we'll sell it to you! Love it and want a brand new suit, no problem, we'll give a discount off any new suit!
Please note: by clicking purchase, you are agreeing that if you don't return this wetsuit, you will be charged the full MSRP of this wetsuit ($440) at the required date of return. NO EXCEPTIONS.
All Sales are Final
Due to customs issues our wetsuit rental program is limited to rentals only within the United States.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks so much for this Emilio, this was what I was concerned about. 13+yrs and a lot of updates, thanks for saving me a likely poor experience. Great to hear so many positive reviews on the T1, I think I know whats in my future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are going to love whatever T1 Wetsuit model you choose, we guarantee it.

ilikepizza wrote:
thanks so much for this Emilio, this was what I was concerned about. 13+yrs and a lot of updates, thanks for saving me a likely poor experience. Great to hear so many positive reviews on the T1, I think I know whats in my future.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a desoto 2 piece years back without a zipper. I loved the suit but did have it retrofit with a zipper. I would never go back to a one piece!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
emilio, do you rent sleeveless wetsuits?
also, where i can find at what events you rent or set up at expo?
thank you
Quote Reply
Re: view on desoto wetsuits [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

If you would like to rent a Bibjohn along with a Speedvest instead of a Pullover we will do that for you. Just send me an email to emilio@desotosport.com.
winchester wrote:
emilio, do you rent sleeveless wetsuits?
also, where i can find at what events you rent or set up at expo?
thank you

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: view on desoto wetsuits [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've only had one T1...and have used it in every race I can since I bought it in 2006. Sent it in last year to get a little tear repaired, all it cost me was shipping. Suit seems to fit just as snug as ever, still doesn't get in my way swimming and still doesn't cause me any issues getting out at transition.

The newer rubber may be even better, but even the old stuff is still pretty darned good. Don't doubt the customer service of DeSoto - bunch of really nice folks working there if you ever have questions or issues. I keep waiting to have a catastrophic failure so that I can justify getting whatever new model DeSoto has of the T1 but nothing yet so I'll just keep going with what I've got.
Quote Reply
Re: view on desoto wetsuits [Josh_CO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the first generation T1, prior to the zipper..... Long sleeve and sleeveless. Emilio had me send them back and he put zippers in both for free. He even offered a loaner wetsuit in the mean time. Customer service second to none. And the wetsuit is fantastic. Had it out for the first time this year for a 1.5 miler this past saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: view on desoto wetsuits [Josh_CO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply

Prev Next