Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Has anyone had sinus tarsi or ankle soft tissue impingement
Quote | Reply
Curious if you had either of these and what you did to beat them. Was the pain constant or just random? Working with a physio right now and prob getting a MRI this week. I just started running down the street and got sharp pain ( like sprain) 4 weeks ago. Started off as a tad bit of pressure and once the sharp pain hit I stopped and walked home. Ankle felt weak for a few days and got better. Was able to tape and run/walk intervals but it started to go weak again, like I couldn't trust it. I had this ankle repaired back in 2012 so I"m wandering if it's scar tissue built up and maybe causing impingement. When the physio does impingement test it won't occur and I can't duplicate it. The physio doesn't think it's impingement. The pinching is near the sinus tarsi area and sometimes it is slight. The foot and ankle have always been kept up on as far as strength goes. Doc said it could also be a nerve problem, but doesn't know. He did an x ray and doesn't see any bone spurs. I haven't been over doing it either. FRustrating!!!

Also , if you had scope for soft tissue impingement what was your recovery like?

Biking and elliptical do not bother me ( thank the lord)
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone had sinus tarsi or ankle soft tissue impingement [seadocha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sounds a lot like my osteochondral defect issue. Have you had any imaging done?
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone had sinus tarsi or ankle soft tissue impingement [wickedcheezit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just x ray the other day and getting mri this week. did yours show on xray or mri? I've seen a couple dif docs and they don't think there is anything wrong. It's been intermittent for a year. I thought it was gone because I started from scratch running and built up slowly. It hadn't bothered me for several months
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone had sinus tarsi or ankle soft tissue impingement [seadocha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you say you had it "fixed," what procedure did you have done?

I had all kinds of weird stuff going on in that area pre- and post-Brostrom. Also had arthroscopy for impingement/synovitis at the same time. The scar tissue from the open incision sometimes does stuff like that, but I definitely don't feek weakness in my ankle as a result.

Before my surgery my talus would slide forward and start irritating stuff - that's when I would also feel something like what you describe. My PT would put it back. Ow.

See what the MRI says.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone had sinus tarsi or ankle soft tissue impingement [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
katcycles wrote:
When you say you had it "fixed," what procedure did you have done?

I had all kinds of weird stuff going on in that area pre- and post-Brostrom. Also had arthroscopy for impingement/synovitis at the same time. The scar tissue from the open incision sometimes does stuff like that, but I definitely don't feek weakness in my ankle as a result.

Before my surgery my talus would slide forward and start irritating stuff - that's when I would also feel something like what you describe.
My PT would put it back. Ow.

See what the MRI says.

I had brostrum and peroneal repair for instability which that part is good now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI,
Yes, mine did show, very subtle on the xray. However, I cannot have an MRI so I don't know. I did have a CT that confirmed. I can also tell you, when I have ankle symptoms, it is intermittent, the ankle locks and is painful and it most definitely feels week. Even after doing exercises to strengthen it feels weak. I can say, when I am having a day and it is acting up alot, weakness and feeling like is won't hold me up is a huge problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone had sinus tarsi or ankle soft tissue impingement [wickedcheezit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to run 20 minutes last night with out any issue at a slow pace. I almost feel like there is a loss of circulation after running and cycling. I am rolling and wearing compression too. I've decided to go through with the MRI today. This has been going on too long and need to know. Maybe it's getting better, AGAIN, but I still don't trust it. Should be interesting to see what comes back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the MRI came back today and the nurse called from the doctor's office. She said there wasn't anything serious, but it showed some inflammation. I'm very thankful there was nothing major, but I'm a tad worried how this occurred just like that with out warning. Seems to have occurred on and off for a year as well. She said I could come in for cortisone and he could try to target the area. I told her I was gonna try to run a little bit tmrw and Sunday and see what happens. I'm gonna to continue with extra therapy exercises for a long while, but still worried. ugh!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My girlfriend has been dealing with what looks to be impingement syndrome in her ankle for over a year now. X-Ray show nothing, so we're scheduled for an MRI soon. So far the pain became a bit more manageable but no real improvement. A year off running and cycling for an ex-competitive runner made for a very difficult time.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone had sinus tarsi or ankle soft tissue impingement [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't been told to stop running. 2 docs said it could be nerve issue and the MRI ruled out anything serious. I've basically not really run but a few times and hope the extra strengthening will help. Hopefully this is minor bump in the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is an old thread but I’m responding just in case anyone else searches for the topic of “impingement”.

Eight weeks ago, I had surgery for a peroneal brevis “split” tear and a Brostrom. I actually had very little pain along the area of the peroneal tendons. My pain was directly in front of my lateral malleolus (when walking or trying to run). I thought it may be lateral impingement as well. During surgery, an accessory ligament was found (and removed), in the area where I was having the pain. Now, 8 weeks later, I’m not running again yet, but the pain has disappeared when I’m walking. This accessory ligament did NOT show up on either MRI I had prior to surgery.
Quote Reply