Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The rat bastards stole my bikes! [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I keep checking in, hoping to see you recovered your bikes.
I know, I would be sick... hoping for the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sorry to hear this. I hope that you are able to get your bikes back.

Every home I have owned has an alarm system and I make sure that the garage overhead door and the standard doors in the garage are armed as well. Installers laugh at me until they see how much money I have tied up in bikes and other expensive items in the garage.

You open my garage while I am not home, the alarm goes off and police are on the way. My bikes are also locked in the garage with a cable. New home will have them hung 12 feet in the air.
Last edited by: BMANX: Feb 26, 15 18:19
Quote Reply
Re: The rat bastards stole my bikes! [STP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the Chamberlain MyQ garage door opener accessory. It lets you control the door via an app on your phone and can be configured to send alerts when it opens/closes, when it's left open for a certain amount of time, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear it Tom... hopefully some quick justice

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: The rat bastards stole my bikes! [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Sorry to hear this, it sucks big time.
I am also curious, how can distinct bikes like this be sold? The only buyers would be serious athletes and they would ask some fairly uncomfortable questions from the seller.
I had a very distinctive black and white Look 386 stolen a few years ago at a large bike event. I was told the thieves have customers who put in orders.
I can only hope those "customers" meet up with a turning vehicle or large pothole While riding their stolen bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: The rat bastards stole my bikes! [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
Sorry to hear about it. I'm in the OC and will see if anything pops up on Craigslist. There are 3 high end bike thieves in the LA area that just got paroled. They've already been spotted scoping out one house for bikes. I keep my bikes locked up in the garage as an extra deterrent and also have a security camera on them so I can at least record the theft. I guess the best security option would be to have a trained attack dog in the house. I saw one house this weekend in Malibu that had a sign with dog it that read "I can reach the gate in 3 seconds. How fast can you run?".

Here is an article that ran recently about the 3 AH's and accompanied photos...

http://forums.mtbr.com/...s-repost-950687.html

Memorize these guys faces and look out for the new car they are using. They really need to go back to jail for a long time.

Also suggest you create a auto search of CL using Google. Works well as once an add is posted mentioning your search criteria or any part of your criteria you will get an email. You can also create search lists in eBay. If we can limit the avenues available to market stolen bikes maybe it will slow down. No stopping crooks working off a shopping list except JAIL.

GL.
Quote Reply
Re: The rat bastards stole my bikes! [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Phil wrote:
I like the Chamberlain MyQ garage door opener accessory. It lets you control the door via an app on your phone and can be configured to send alerts when it opens/closes, when it's left open for a certain amount of time, etc.

+1 on the Chamberlain MyQ Garage , works with most garage opener

Besides typical home alarm systems, another addition I'm waiting for delivery is Canary
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry tom that sucks

Quote | Reply
Part of me hopes the bikes aren't recovered, and you get new MACK DADDY rides out of the whole ordeal.

And part me of hopes the bikes are recovered in perfect condition.

Either way, I hope everything works out for you. Please keep us updated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this doesn't help find the bikes but it may prevent someone from getting bikes stolen out of the garage in the future. I installed a couple ABUS wall/floor anchors in my garage because I have a tendency to leave the garage door open.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you need violence done let me know. Evil fucks.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AH thats terrible

Does anyone make little homing beacons that fit down a seat tube?

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: The rat bastards stole my bikes! [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in Ventura and always combing Craigs and locals down here, so I will keep a look out. Being a victim of this as well I can relate.
Quote Reply
Re: The rat bastards stole my bikes! [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
I am also curious, how can distinct bikes like this be sold? The only buyers would be serious athletes and they would ask some fairly uncomfortable questions from the seller.

They can be parted out if the thieves are paranoid and want to stay in business for a long time. The power meters are easy money.

Lots of people won't ask questions if the price is right, i.e. a really good deal but not too good. Sell the power meters separately, replace wheels, and it does not take "serious" ahtletes; it just takes someone looking for a bargain on a nice, used ride.
Quote Reply
Re: The rat bastards stole my bikes! [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
softrun wrote:

They can be parted out if the thieves are paranoid and want to stay in business for a long time. The power meters are easy money.

Maybe...maybe not...let's just say that whoever ends up with them never needs troubleshooting/service on them...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Maybe...maybe not...let's just say that whoever ends up with them never needs troubleshooting/service on them... /quote]

I had a couple of bikes stolen in 2009 from my garage. Both had SRM cranks on them. I called SRM and let them know the serial numbers of the two cranksets. One showed up in the fall 2014 for service. Long story short, there is a rat bastard buyer of stolen bike parts that is out whatever he paid for the SRM.

The folks who buy stolen bikes parts are just as bad as the rat bastards who steel the bikes.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sorry to hear what happened. I can certainly feel your pain and hope you got home insurance to cover the loss.
It's a terrible feeling for being violated that way and fearful that those lowlife thieves would hit again..Can't take any chances these days...my garage side door lock was picked and 5 bikes with all tools were gone a few years back after a trade with a guy that came to my house. I tracked all my bikes for almost a year on CL, and ebay, forums but no avail.

Formerly known SCENERYNW
Quote Reply

Prev Next