Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best way to get cadence/HR into Trainerroad using IPad
Quote | Reply
Just purchased a Kickr and Trainerroad subscription. Love it so far. I currently use a Garmin 610 and Garmin HR strap/cadence sensor. The 610 is on its last legs and I'll eventually upgrade to 920xt or equivalent.
To get HR and cadence in Trainerroad am I better off getting the Ant+ Dongle for my iPad and using my existing Garmin devices or going full "Wahoo" which would give me flexibility to use Ant+ with watch outdoors and Bluetooth while on the trainer?

The cost of the options are not that different when you take into account the adapter needed to make the dongle fit the newer IPad connection.
Also like others I am frustrated with the reliability of the Garmin HR strap so if the Wahoo HR straps are more reliable I'd consider making the switch regardless of additional cost. Any thoughts appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Best way to get cadence/HR into Trainerroad using IPad [Chitrilaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Wahoo key plus a lightning adapter. It's a bit of a pain to use especially if you need to be in portrait mode on your iPad, which unless something has changed, that's the only way TR works and you can't flip the iPad upside down and have the screen flip, so the dongle hardware is totally in the way.

I tried using the TR app but it's not good enough for me yet so I'm sticking with a laptop. All my ANT+ stuff works with the PC and the 920XT. If I were in your situation, though, I would get the Wahoo dual comm sensors. I really think BTLE will be the standard someday so it's smart to move that way if you can, IMO.

Btw, I love the 920XT. Way better than the 910.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply