Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Bible Excel Model Template
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen a triathlon excel training model based on the Triathlete's Training Bible that's similar to the Cycling Training Bible that's on the site linked below? It's a pretty awesome cyclists model for setting up a training plan based on goals, weekly hours, and workouts, and would be awesome to have something for triathletes as well.

https://stuckbehindbars.wordpress.com/...to-plan-your-season/

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Training Bible Excel Model Template [mtbroadbent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those look pretty good... I've downloaded them before they get pulled from the website....
Quote Reply
Re: Training Bible Excel Model Template [hardidu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well those are for cycling, not for triathlon. So I was searching to see if someone had taken the time to put something together like that for the Triathletes training bible.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of points to make here.

1. The spreadsheet is not cycling specific. With this spreadsheet you will manually calculate TSS (or rTSS or sTSS) and enter it. You can have one spreadsheet for cycling, another for running and if you want, one for swimming as well.

2. You should be tracking the activities individually but you can always create a 4th copy where you add up the TSS from the various workouts in the day to track overall TSS.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Training Bible Excel Model Template [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I think you are looking at the PMC (performance management chart) and not the training plan excel file. The training plan allows you to plan out the entire season of workouts based on hours per week and helps take a lot of the mental fatigue out of the equation. I understand the PMC well, but not the excel model that has all the different workouts and structure in it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I have created an Excel sheet that does that based on the Triathlete's Training Bible.

You need to enter start date for you season, annual hours and then plug in your races. From there, work backwards putting in the week i.e. PREP, BASE 1, BASE 2, BASE 3, BUILD 1, BUILD 2, PEAK, RACE and TRANS. This is pretty easy. It then populates an annual plan as per the TTB and has standard weekly diary pages which are ready built and will populate with hours based on the week i.e. monday swim will be shown in intensity (1-4) and time (1-4) plus it will give the session time to the nearest five minutes based on how much of your training time you want to dedicate to each sport, which I set globally, and the weekly hours based on the annual training plan it automatically populated. I set Bike 45%, Run 30% and swim 25% and it weights the amount of hours it allocated to each session accordingly. It includes the session codes form the Annexes at the back for swim, bike, run and combined sessions.

It was fairly easy to put together worth combined horizontal and vertical lookup formulae. No array formulae required. I could help someone create a similar one using the formulas and the info in their copy of TTB.

I would have made it available, but the contents are not my intelectual property and I don't think that's morally fair to give away Joe Friel's work product, so I use it personally. Maybe Mr. Friel could post up something similar?
Quote Reply
Re: Training Bible Excel Model Template [hardidu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Incidentally, why were they pulled off the Web?
Quote Reply
Re: Training Bible Excel Model Template [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure I understand about pulling off the web. I just found those online the other day when searching for something to go along with my Training Bible for Triathletes. Would you be willing to share your excel model privately? I'm happy to send a private message to discuss. I'm not good at programming excel items, but I am good enough to navigate a file already done.
Quote Reply