Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone riding the Trek Madone 2.3?
Quote | Reply
I'm weighing my options for a new inexpensive road bike to train, do some road races, and some longer GF/Tour rides with. I was poking around my LBS, and found that they had a few of the 2014 Madone 2.3s left for about $1450. It seems like a pretty solid bike- Alum frame with the same KVF they use on the Carbon Madone, not super heavy, 105 Drivetrain (10sp, like my current race wheels).

It seems like a pretty good deal for the price- solid bike, a little aero, suits my budget nicely too. Anyone riding one of these? How does it compare to a carbon framed Madone (3 or 4 series) for ride quality?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone riding the Trek Madone 2.3? [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 1.5 that I put 105 on and it's fine and my brother has a 3 series which I rode a century on which I def like better. I saw the 2014 alu 2.3 and the tube shape is a little funny it's like flat on the front side whassap wit dat? Lol doesn't seem very aero. I bet you could find a carbon frame for the same price. I like carbon cuz swag and idk about the rest of the world but swag > everything
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone riding the Trek Madone 2.3? [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fr rlz yo, but I ain't got dat $$$ for dat karbon SPEEDSWAG.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2.3 always struck me as a cool bike, a little aero, a little practical(alloy and fender mounts), and a little budget. You probably won't get much feedback on it though, people just seem to be locked in to the caad when it comes to alloy bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one. I don't have a ton to compare it to, but for my money I think it's a pretty great deal. Everything you need and nothing you don't. However, I did buy mine from a friend for $800.

Re: Anyone riding the Trek Madone 2.3? [Scott Allen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does you friend have one in a 58? Thanks for the feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! Just the 54 I think. I love the way it looks. For an aluminum bike, it's pretty sweet looking!

Quote | Reply
for that price you can score a CAAD or Allez which have better frames with same components.

Or some sweet used ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What color did you get? I've only seen the blue from last year in person. The new 2.5 this year looks pretty awesome, but I don't think I want to drop 2 grand on a bike I'm not head over heels for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RFXCrunner wrote:
Fr rlz yo, but I ain't got dat $$$ for dat karbon SPEEDSWAG.

Lmao bro just hit up all yo lbs in like 50mi on yo cellular phone and be like aye lemme get dat speedswag on da low I got 1 and a half stax on it. They'll hook it up bro I'm rollin on sum speedswag I got for less than that NEW breh.
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Jan 25, 15 11:43
Quote Reply