Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vegan Experiences? [Noof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Noof wrote:
It's funny how I was eating Mc Donalds, smoking, and getting drunk everyday and everyone loved me and thought I was a cool party animal. When I became a vegan, suddenly all my 'friends' were concerned for my health. Oh man I'm just concerned for your PROTEIN, like youre not getting all your amino acids.

With that said, there is definitely truth here. A lot of vegans will claim to have huge changes since stopping meat, but not mentioned their horrible prior life choices. Can you be healthy and eat meat? ABSOLUTELY! But why would you when you can be healthy without it and be friendly to the environment, and be apart of a sustainable future. Anyway, this will be my last post on the subject.

It is funny that people are that way

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If humans weren't meant to eat to beef, why did cows evolve into such delicious, stupid animals?
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Experiences? [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
If humans weren't meant to eat to beef, why did cows evolve into such delicious, stupid animals?

As both a vegan and an atheist, I think its funner to ask "if god didnt want us to eat animals then why did he make them out of meat?"

Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Experiences? [BonusTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BonusTri wrote:
Anything over 20-30% fat you increase your risks of all types of cancers and other diseases.

I've forgotten more about food than you know.

either this is a joke or you can a couple other people on this thread just arrived from 1982 in a time machine, the last time people actually believed fat was bad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noof wrote:
It's funny how I was eating Mc Donalds, smoking, and getting drunk everyday and everyone loved me and thought I was a cool party animal. When I became a vegan, suddenly all my 'friends' were concerned for my health. Oh man I'm just concerned for your PROTEIN, like youre not getting all your amino acids.

With that said, there is definitely truth here. A lot of vegans will claim to have huge changes since stopping meat, but not mentioned their horrible prior life choices. Can you be healthy and eat meat? ABSOLUTELY! But why would you when you can be healthy without it and be friendly to the environment, and be apart of a sustainable future. Anyway, this will be my last post on the subject.

Yea, because sustainability and environmental friendliness are impossible if you eat meat. What a bunch of horseshit.
Last edited by: Jewbaru: Jan 26, 15 16:07
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Experiences? [goregrind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goregrind wrote:
BonusTri wrote:
Anything over 20-30% fat you increase your risks of all types of cancers and other diseases.

I've forgotten more about food than you know.

either this is a joke or you can a couple other people on this thread just arrived from 1982 in a time machine, the last time people actually believed fat was bad

There are some people who never believed fat was bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Experiences? [Dont_Drown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont_Drown wrote:
To each their own.

As a vegan of 21 years I'm bummed on this thread and perhaps more bummed for having read this far. Please just do what works for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Experiences? [Eric Olson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric Olson wrote:
Dont_Drown wrote:
To each their own.

As a vegan of 21 years I'm bummed on this thread and perhaps more bummed for having read this far. Please just do what works for you.

Dammit! I'm not the old school vegan on slowtwitch anymore!

Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Experiences? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time to bring this post back up and ask for a few more opinions. Once again, I was eating full on Vegan, until I couldn't sleep, felt anxious, cold and down right shitty. So, I said screw it and decided to add a few eggs and small amounts of animal protein back into my diet. It took 4 days of eating 2 eggs with breakfast and 4/5 oz's of animal protein at lunch and dinner before I started to sleep well again and have energy. (And sex drive) My wife eats Vegan and does very well with it, so it seems it works.

I've done all of the B12, D2, zinc, magnesium supplements and even small amounts of calcium, so it's not these. In my estimation, it leaves the feelings of general malaise/insomnia being due to too little protein or DHA.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read books by Brazier, Jurek, Roll, Rip Esselstyn.
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Experiences? [windy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally have read them, watched videos, own videos etc. Dean Ornish has some really good videos too.

This is why I don't know why I'm sick eating this way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BonusTri wrote:
Totally have read them, watched videos, own videos etc. Dean Ornish has some really good videos too.

This is why I don't know why I'm sick eating this way.

uh ornish is good? he is anti fat, no wonder why you have issues
Quote Reply

Prev Next