Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

best European training camp in April?
Quote | Reply
Hello

I am looking for recommendations for a good training place in April, within a 5-6 hour flight from Germany. We are registered for UTÖ SWIMRUN and need a good place to practice trail runs, transitions and swimming in our running shoes. Any ideas? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: best European training camp in April? [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something in Mallorca or Lanzarote. Look at Hannes Hawaii Tours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The German triathlon scene forum is doin a tri camp in Mallorca from 12th-26th of April. The info is in German only as far as I ve seen quickly. If you want a contact let me know and I'll find out.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: best European training camp in April? [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
Something in Mallorca or Lanzarote. Look at Hannes Hawaii Tours.

Lanzarote windy as hell but velvety roads.
Mallorca pretty and some great climbs, but prone to Spring rain.

Have done both, Club Pollenca, Mallorca is tops with onsite bike shop/hire/mechanic run by a German ;)
Quote Reply
Re: best European training camp in April? [liversedge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lanzarote. Velvety roads? Which bit have you been riding on? I nearly lost my fillings last time I was out there. The main road from the bottom of Tabayesco is about the only velvet I found!
Quote Reply
Re: best European training camp in April? [Ironmike78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironmike78 wrote:
Lanzarote. Velvety roads? Which bit have you been riding on? I nearly lost my fillings last time I was out there. The main road from the bottom of Tabayesco is about the only velvet I found!

Ha! This video shows the roads, first 2 mins are yours the last 4 are mine ! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxK11fvzeQ8
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slink wrote:
Hello

I am looking for recommendations for a good training place in April, within a 5-6 hour flight from Germany. We are registered for UTÖ SWIMRUN and need a good place to practice trail runs, transitions and swimming in our running shoes. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi in April from Germany I would consider Italy...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Consider Playa del Muro in Mallorca, excellent facility, bike rental plus 25m indoor pool. Also T3 Top Training Teneriffe is an option. Finally if you want mountains check out Andalusia (veloandaluz.com)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In April Mallorca can be a bit cold for swimming if unlucky.

I would consider Fuerteventura (las Playitas) - some good off road running next to the hotel, both steep and ondulating.

Club la Santa in Lanzarote is off a lagoon that could facilitate swim-run transitions.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Re: best European training camp in April? [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lanzarote can be very windy March/April.

Majorca will be a couple of degrees cooler but the training conditions will be better due to minimal wind. I would consider Port De Pollensa, the hotel below has a 25m swimming pool and is right on the sea front. You can swim safely in the sea or in the pool. There are trail runs close by.

http://www.clubpollentia.com/en/hotel-overview.html

I know a group of about 30 people from across UK who are going on an adhoc training camp and would be happy to put you in touch with them if you want.

If you don't fancy Majorca I would pick Fuerteventura before Lanzarote.
Last edited by: Stumps: Dec 21, 14 1:42
Quote Reply
Re: best European training camp in April? [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In April Mallorca can be a bit cold for swimming if unlucky.

Well, the race Utö swimrun can be pretty cold as well so if the plan is to do as racelike training as
possible, the watertemp in Mallorca probably not gonna be a issue
Quote Reply