Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How Important is the "Look" [ENP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read Gabe Mirkin's article on "The Placebo Effect". I believe in my head that my skintight clothing and svelte tri bike / aero helmet make me faster...so it must be true! When I put on my multi-coloured, ultra-light race shoes my feet think I'm faster. Goggles? Nah - they gotta fit the shape of your nose and suction cup to your face - don't care how they look... Ain't NOBODY burstin' my Placebo Effect Bubble of reality!

I'll see you in the run
Quote Reply
Post deleted by PcB [ In reply to ]
Re: How Important is the "Look" [PcB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speak for yourself, dude. I look awesome. And I train like a demon. So...my "bubble" is in my head and I perform outside my bubble and above the norm for "old people". You're as old as your VO2 max says you are :)

I'll see you in the run
Quote Reply
Re: How Important is the "Look" [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
broncotw wrote:
Have to admit if I don't like the way it looks I will generally not purchase it!

Yep. I won't purchase something JUST because it looks good. But if it works well and is ugly, I'll look for something almost as good that looks better.

Ditto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well let's see. I'm middle aged, I wear spandex, my teenagers don't want to be seen with me, I purchased a funky looking "supebike" that looked cool (to me anyhow) in the moment...I guess no matter what I purchase Tri related,I won't be cool. So what's it matter?
Quote Reply
Re: How Important is the "Look" [MLCRISES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you think you are cool you are cool... If you let teens determine your cool quotient then you are old 😜

I'll see you in the run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: How Important is the "Look" [zoomrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zoomrunner wrote:
If you think you are cool you are cool... If you let teens determine your cool quotient then you are old 😜

People fear me when they see me in my Swedes at the beginning of swims. I know they look cool, which in turn makes me look badass. Competitors don't need to know that it's mostly show and a poor kick, but it lets me slide up to the front before the race starts.

And side note....Matte Black is STEALTH!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pretty much buy everything on price, and look second. I can't afford this sport if I purchased everything that looked cool or gave pretty functionality. I've found mid-to-low range everythign works fine for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXydX9p_ZxA

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: How Important is the "Look" [tmoyer984] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"... and if you think this shirt and tie look good, you are most likely a Russian mobster."

tmoyer984 wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More concerned with making it through the race first! If I find a good deal then "cool" is an added bonus, but generally can't afford "cool". Definitely am not pulling it off now!
Quote Reply

Prev Next