Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, just looking for advice here!
I want to change my actual aluminum base bar for a carbon one.
The only "must" is the zero drop. What do you guys recommend?

I've checked the Profile Design Svet Zero and looks great but i know there's more options out there.
Budget 250-330

Thanks in advance you legends!
Quote Reply
Re: ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade [jduqueh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did this with my old P2 a while ago and while I don't have any suggestions on base bar, make sure you get one compatible with your brakes and stem or you will be buying them as well. I went from FSA bars to Profile design bars and the stem diameters were different and the FSA brakes would not work either. I also needed new extensions as well because of the change in diameter of the base bar. Turned into an expensive change out. If you got all that figured out please feel free to ignore my free advice. Good luck.

On a side note I do have the PD Svet Zero bars on my new bike, I like them and they are good for the price point I believe.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Last edited by: coopdog: Dec 15, 14 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great advice there man!
All my remaining components there would be profile design too (stem, aerobars, levers). So, i'll make sure they all work together before the purchase.
I guess the svet zero is winning some points right now!

Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carbon shouldn't really be your limiting factor... aero should be. With that in mind:

Inexpensive and more aero: Felt Alloy Basebar
A bit more expensive but way more aero: Felt Bayonet Alloy Aerobar

Note the latter doesn't have that much room for adjusting fit range (I believe you can adjust the stack a bit) so make sure it will work before pulling the trigger. Also note that in many cases, your choice of aero cockpit has as big of an effect as your frame choice.
Quote Reply
Re: ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely right in that last comment!
Thanks for another option! going to check it right now!
Keep sending recommendations guys!

Again, thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any 3T experiences here?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with the 3T Auro Pro for my 2013 P2. I believe this was the base bar used for P2s prior to 2013. I wanted to spend roughly $300 and after talking to my fitter we settled on the Aura Pro. It certainly helped clean up my front end since all of the cables internally route out through the back of the bars.
Quote Reply
Re: ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade [paperwind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was checking that right now and i have to say that's the number one candidate right now!
And it also comes with the S-bend i want
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol i just ordered new base bar/extensions yesterday for my 2014 p2 i got svet r (mostly cause it looks cool and is cheaper than zero) but prosvet has a deeper section than svet if you're ok with the upturn at the end of the handle. I also got vision extensions cause the pads have super low stack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put the PD svet on my newP2 and have no regrets. With the way the cable routing is that in and of itself cleaned up the front end from stock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another user of the svet zero. I switched to magura brakes with the aero levers, so a bar with upturned handles is something I really wanted to avoid. There are some pics at the end of this thread.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#5195705
Quote Reply
Re: ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade [MichaelT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much guys!
Checking the pics now...oh maguuuura
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't get it, maybe me, but I have a P2c 2010 mounted the zipp vuka base base aluminum with those new arm stacks that allow the extension to move up as the arm rest stack gets higher. It makes for more sense. I'm 6-2, and found the comfortable way more liking than carbon can do for weight Consider this, is carbon going to make you run faster. No but comfort will. Posture wins and if you get off the bike without any more unnecessary fatigue this outways carbon. Don't get caught up in carbon unless you are the top 2% then weight will matter.

age is just a number after your name
Last edited by: AussieMikeinSD: Dec 18, 14 2:16
Quote Reply
Re: ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Prosvet for the last two seasons on my 2009 P2.

The main reason I went to that bar is that I wanted to lower the pads on my Vision aerobars as far as I could by removing the spacers, the gentle sloping of that base bar allowed me to do that. I also like the upturns.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade [AussieMikeinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AussieMikeinSD wrote:
I don't get it, maybe me, but I have a P2c 2010 mounted the zipp vuka base base aluminum with those new arm stacks that allow the extension to move up as the arm rest stack gets higher. It makes for more sense. I'm 6-2, and found the comfortable way more liking than carbon can do for weight Consider this, is carbon going to make you run faster. No but comfort will. Posture wins and if you get off the bike without any more unnecessary fatigue this outways carbon. Don't get caught up in carbon unless you are the top 2% then weight will matter.

I did this also.... Love it .....Works fine, lasts long time.
Quote Reply
Re: ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade [Aaronr312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at the PD Svet for my NP2 as well. Any chance you could share a pic of how the cable routing and setup looks?
Quote Reply
Re: ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out this thread. If I remember correctly there are up close pics of the routing with the PD svet basebar. If not, let me know and I can post pics of mine.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5252410;search_string=new%20blue%20p2;#5252410
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it, that is helpful thanks. If you don't mind my asking, what is the secret to running the rear brake cable through the top tube like that? Is it as simple as just feeding it through or is there a method to it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I re-cabled mine about a month ago and I didn't go through the top of the top tube like the other guy in the thread. With mechanical brakes I think I would have had to remove the fork to get that bend and the new brakes levers I was putting on seemed squishy enough already! However, with hydraulic I hear it's totally different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran it through the top tube. Had to pull the fork. I either don't ride fast enough for it to matter or the brakes work fine when you go through the top tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There really isn't much difference in weight from carbon or alloy. I had carbon vision pro bars and extensions and sold them and got the alloy version (shiny black aluminum). They look great and I actually made money selling the carbon and getting the new alloy ones.

I actually feel more secure (mentally) that my bars aren't going to snap or need replacing when pushing hard on the hills, or if I was to crash. Just my thoughts. If you have the money for carbon and want carbon, get it. But, if you can get the same bar in aluminum it will be cheaper, and look just as good.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crujones#33 wrote:
Got it, that is helpful thanks. If you don't mind my asking, what is the secret to running the rear brake cable through the top tube like that? Is it as simple as just feeding it through or is there a method to it?

If you follow the link in a few posts above, I give the details of how I installed the brake line through the toptube. I tried to be as clear as possible, but if something doesn't make sense I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Quote Reply
Re: ADVICE WANTED - Cervelo P2 base bar upgrade [MichaelT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Michael, I found it and looks like it will be helpful.
Quote Reply