Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Race tires for dirt roads [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
Physiojoe925 wrote:
Awesome! I am in Ohio, so I can attest to the strength of Martin/Albers...sometimes I race against them multiple times in a weekend. If you ever happen to race in the OH, drop me a PM.
Edit to add- I race for Ride On Wooster Elite/development, and Ride On is a Felt dealer.
-Physiojoe
SuperDave wrote:
Physiojoe925 wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
Physiojoe925 wrote:

There's a small chance I'll make it to Westlake some summer night but I seldom get back east to ride. I'll be in the Cleveland area Dec 26 & 27th. Anything going on I should consider bringing a bike along?

-SD

Well, in my opinion you should never be without a bike! Ha ha, no events here that I know of, I think we may have some snow by then, so I'll likely be riding some rail trails on my mtb. I live about an hour south of Cleveland, though.

-Physiojoe

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Re: Race tires for dirt roads [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is stupid question but is there a simple foolproof way to determine the max clearance on your bike if you can't find it published anywhere? I assume I can simply measure clearance in the fork up front and the stays in the back at the narrowest looking points.

Motivation is I am racing BWR this year and currently riding 23mm GP4000s II's on Flo 30s. I weigh a little under 160 and generally run them around 100-105psi with no issues on the road. My plan was to just run these around 85-90psi like you mentioned rather than try and size up for something bigger just for this race. However, I am curious how wide I could go on my 2011 S2 if I needed to.
Quote Reply
Re: Race tires for dirt roads [JFromTheBlock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In these instances it's worth having a second bike with greater clearance for GP4K 28's - here's one: http://mmba.org/...php?f=8&t=128235
I raced the SS division in a couple of long hilly races on Clement X'plor USH 35's but the roads were poor, sandy and washed out. Impossible on GP4k's and the like.

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next