Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Proud of my last place finish in a 5K today [aztri81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aztri81 wrote:
I love seeing post like these. Awesome Grandpa.

They just posted the race results.

http://www.meb2turkeytrot.com/.../2014/5k_overall.htm

947 Bella Stafford Auburn CA 2222 4 F 52 1-10 51:22.7 1:13:20.6 1:15:27.6 23:39/M
948 Dave Campbell Auburn CA 2220 57 M 72 50-59 56:31.6 1:13:20.7 1:15:27.0 23:39/M

I was dead last at 948/948. Is this back of the pack or not? My 4 year old granddaughter beat me by
one tenth of a second. I think she is the youngest to finish the 5K in this race over the years.
Proud pop pop. She is running around the house saying she beat pop pop at the race. Very cute.

Now if I live long enough, sure would be cool be try and be on TeamUSA with any of my grandkids.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Nov 28, 14 19:19
Quote Reply
Re: Proud of my last place finish in a 5K today [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my grandaughter is 17 months and im looking forward to be doing the same thing one day. thanks for the great pic

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, covered in scars, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'hell yeah', what a ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Proud of my last place finish in a 5K today [curtisboyte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
curtisboyte wrote:
my grandaughter is 17 months and im looking forward to be doing the same thing one day. thanks for the great pic

Have you considered pushing your granddaughter in a run race with a stroller? They love racing like this. I have been pushing mine for 5 years
and with a new little one, hope to able to do it for 5 more years.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Michael Bratton II Turkey Trot 5k obviously does not care about drafting. Two finishers that close??? Come on!!!! Where is Jimmy R???

Great job sharing a great moment!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are those your legs, or are you riding a chicken?

Just kidding. I'm glad you had that moment. Enjoy

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
aztri81 wrote:
I love seeing post like these. Awesome Grandpa.

They just posted the race results.

http://www.meb2turkeytrot.com/.../2014/5k_overall.htm

947 Bella Stafford Auburn CA 2222 4 F 52 1-10 51:22.7 1:13:20.6 1:15:27.6 23:39/M
948 Dave Campbell Auburn CA 2220 57 M 72 50-59 56:31.6 1:13:20.7 1:15:27.0 23:39/M

I was dead last at 948/948. Is this back of the pack or not? My 4 year old granddaughter beat me by
one tenth of a second. I think she is the youngest to finish the 5K in this race over the years.
Proud pop pop. She is running around the house saying she beat pop pop at the race. Very cute.

Now if I live long enough, sure would be cool be try and be on TeamUSA with any of my grandkids.

14 more years and you're 71 and she is 18. I think you just set yourself a new target for a long term training plan! Thanks for sharing! In my XC ski club we had one of the older gentlemen coaching teenagers. His grand daughter was one of the athletes and he was closing in on 80. Pretty awesome guy. I see him lifting weights at the local gym whenever I am there. He basically lifts every day and does some aerobic work. If you did not look at his skin, you'd think he was in his mid 40's/early 50's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent! I have been racing the local trot with my kiddos for a few years now. The best bonding experience ever!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Proud of my last place finish in a 5K today [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer wrote:
Are those your legs, or are you riding a chicken?

Just kidding. I'm glad you had that moment. Enjoy

If you think my legs look skinny, you should see my arms. I am a walking Jack Skeleton.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it... last spring my 2 year old son completed a 5k... we fed the ducks, fed the fish, changed a couple diapers, went through a couple bottles, couple temper tantrums, went the wrong way, couple dirty looks from passer byes, but 2 hours later we finished... big applause(mostly the fact that they could take everything down and go home).
Quote Reply
Re: Proud of my last place finish in a 5K today [woof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
woof wrote:
Love it... last spring my 2 year old son completed a 5k... we fed the ducks, fed the fish, changed a couple diapers, went through a couple bottles, couple temper tantrums, went the wrong way, couple dirty looks from passer byes, but 2 hours later we finished... big applause(mostly the fact that they could take everything down and go home).

Congrads, 2 years old, that is great!!!

Have you tried pushing your son in a stroller? Win win, you can race flat out, and they are racing also. I love when my grandkids yell go pop go, faster pop faster. Priceless.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
I believe I was the last place finisher in a 5K turkey trot today in a time of 1:13 something. But it was the best fun I have ever had. This was my first 5K run race with my
4 year old Granddaughter. We raced last weekend in a double stroller 10K turkey trot but she is just too big now. The fun we had together during this time was priceless.
I let her wear the MyAthlete GPS tracking unit and she kept looking at it saying it was a phone telling folks what her race position was. Priceless. As far as I am concerned,
we both won the gold medal. She showed me her blister on her foot from the race that she never complained about.

Very sweet!
Quote Reply

Prev Next