Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nutritional percentages graph
Quote | Reply
TrainingPeaks syncs well with MyFitnessPal (great feature guys) and then provides a nice little pie chart that splits up (by percentages) carbohydrates, protein, and fat.

Anyone have a good resource that shows (in percentages) optimal carbs, protein, and fat for athletes?

I suppose it would have to be something where you could enter your weight, age, activity level?

Thanks for any advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Nutritional percentages graph [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there are plenty of such resources around but no consensus on what is actually "optimal"
some will say 33/33/33, others 40 protein/20 fat/40 carb, others 20 protein/10 fat/70 carb and a thousand other ratios

the reality is that it varies for different people and there is no one true path for any given person, let alone a one size fits all approach
concentrate on a decent amount of protein (eg 20-40%) a moderate amount of natural fats (10-30%) and make up the rest with natural carbs. tracking it might help you to figure out what works well for you which you can then use as a target, not the other way around
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People try and generalize diet but it really depends on what you're doing. If I'm about to go on a 15 mile run I'll get jacked on like 10000000 bananas if it's a day where I am not doing much I will go more keto and low glycemic. I also adjust essential fatty acid ratio for how much inflammation I want etc.. I vary my diet depending on where my body's at I stay in tune with it and it's needs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nutritiondata.self.com is the best resource it'll be the first result usually if you search "apple nutrition" "peanut nutrition" "whole wheat bread nutrition" "xxxxx nutrition" and they have a thing that gives you a REALLY good break down of your diet similar to myfitnesspal but xx10000.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also, make sure you are clear whether you're looking at weight (grams/oz) or energy (kj/calories) - energy is the normal metric
protein and carb are roughly equivalent but fat has about twice the energy by weight of protein and carb (hence its bad rep) so the percentages change a lot if you're getting that wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Nutritional percentages graph [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does that website offer a breakdown of whatever the hell it is that you're smoking?
Quote Reply
Re: Nutritional percentages graph [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayZ wrote:
Does that website offer a breakdown of whatever the hell it is that you're smoking?

Lmaoooo caine ma nigga.... and polly some baking soda rocked up bruhhhh. Lololol jk I'm just jacked on bananas bruh lolol I have a lot of fun playing with my diet
Quote Reply