Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 Magura Modification for a Shiv
Quote | Reply
I know this has been posted as part of the Shiv thread by some others but I thought some none Shiv owners might be interested as well. Earlier this season I did a Magura Hydraulic brake Di2 shifter modification for one of my customers. I did a detailed write up on my shop site if you want to read the play by play.
http://www.gearsandgrinds.com/...4/5/5/magura-di2-mod

Owner of Gears and Grinds - Bike/Tri Shop
http://www.gearsandgrinds.com
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Magura Modification for a Shiv [Aarron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am a bit worried about aero-ness of this approach looks quite bulky and this is where the wind hits
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Magura Modification for a Shiv [Aarron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work. Is there any word whether Shimano will produce a kit for this so you won't have to cut up a shifter next time?
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Magura Modification for a Shiv [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Nice work. Is there any word whether Shimano will produce a kit for this so you won't have to cut up a shifter next time?

Unlikely that Shimano will go out of their way to make it convenient for you to use another manufacturer's Levers. Maybe Magura could benefit by looking into having those Cat-eye buttons stock on their Levers. Although that may out potential Campy users.

Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Magura Modification for a Shiv [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jamaican wrote:
dfroelich wrote:

Unlikely that Shimano will go out of their way to make it convenient for you to use another manufacturer's Levers. Maybe Magura could benefit by looking into having those Cat-eye buttons stock on their Levers. Although that may out potential Campy users.
agreed, and i wish they would!
cervelo and specialized should be pushing for this
Quote Reply