Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wide-footed Hoka fans rejoice? We'll see!
Quote | Reply
I've been waiting for Hoka's new "Constant" since they first announced it a couple of months ago. It's in their 2015 range and is billed as follows:

" Based on the original S1 Mafate last, the Constant’s fit features much more volume throughout, particularly in the forefoot. "

So yesterday, I got an email from Boulder Running Company that they had received an early shipment, even though the Hoka booth at IMAZ said late January at the earliest. Ordered mine and will get them on Tuesday. I have my hopes up that this will be a dream shoe, but I'll report back after trying them. Anyone else order some?

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Wide-footed Hoka fans rejoice? We'll see! [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmmm....that's good to know - options are good, I'll have to get a pair when they get up here and give them a go in my wide feet.

It'd be cool if you let us know how they feel for you.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man! Report back with pics if possible!
Quote Reply
Re: Wide-footed Hoka fans rejoice? We'll see! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know anything about what the weight will be? It sounds like it's more of a stability shoe, which would be a bummer since that won't work for me. I wear the Clifton and the Huaka but find they are both a touch too narrow. I've tried other Hoka models and have found them to to be too stiff and heavy (I'm a fairly small woman). I'm curious how the Constant will compare to the Clifton? My other option will be to try the men's Clifton or Huaka to see it the men's model provides a little more width... unfortunately the men's models don't come in pink. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks!

I tried a pair of Cliftons over the summer and ended up with extensor tendonitis (not fun!) and it seems like this shoe was almost purpose built to alleviate potential causes of that problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems they are looking to have these hit the streets for Xmas. I'm sure the pressure from Altra and the Paradigm is driving this shoe.

I would love to see a Constant ATR Trail version.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Wide-footed Hoka fans rejoice? We'll see! [little red] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
little red wrote:
Do you know anything about what the weight will be? It sounds like it's more of a stability shoe, which would be a bummer since that won't work for me. I wear the Clifton and the Huaka but find they are both a touch too narrow. I've tried other Hoka models and have found them to to be too stiff and heavy (I'm a fairly small woman). I'm curious how the Constant will compare to the Clifton? My other option will be to try the men's Clifton or Huaka to see it the men's model provides a little more width... unfortunately the men's models don't come in pink. :(

The BRC website indicates 10 oz for a size 9. I have always been restricted to the Bondi as it's the only one wide enough for my 4E width feet. Clifton was too narrow as were/are all the other models. The bill it as a cross between the Clifton and the Bondi, but with their "most generous fit yet". I did oddly read one review that said they were too narrow, which contradicts their marketing info.

Mine will arrive on Tuesday, so I'll take 'em for a spin on Weds.

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally. I'll give these a try. I didn't like my Bondi's because after two weeks I wore a huge hole in the toe box. Hopefully these will work better because I liked the feel of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aaahhh, bummer. Got the shoes on Tuesday, and tried them on last night. Here's the story- the last the shoe is based on seems pretty much identical in size to the current Bondi 3 last, but unfortunately for me, the overlays on the upper go right across the large bunion on my left foot, making the left shoe uncomfortable for me.

They did include an extra pair of insoles there were a lot thinner than the ones in the shoe, which I tried, but unfortunately, the overlay still caused a problem that I'm sure would be fine on a shorter run, but would cause problems on a long run. I do like the single-sided tongue idea. That was pretty comfortable. So, I will say they fit the same as my current Bondi 3s in terms of the footbed, but are more snug in the upper. I didn't find them to have more room in the toe box than the Bondi. Cushioning felt similar to the Bondi 3 for me, but I never left the house with them as I will be returning them.

If you like the fit of the Bondi 3, and don't have huge bunions, I think you'll like these. If you have a wider foot and are hoping these are a new Hoka shoe for wider feet, in my experience, they are not. I've read that the Bondi 4 will have a more snug fit, which if that's the case, will basically end my love affair with Hoka. I can only hope that future versions of their shoes will be released in WIDE sizes. :(

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Wide-footed Hoka fans rejoice? We'll see! [little red] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
little red wrote:

I'm curious what you think of the Huaka? I plan to go try a pair on this weekend! I wear the Stinson Tarmacs and the Kailuas now.

Patti in NJ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a wide Hoka being released in January. I think it is the Bondi but can't say for certain.

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad about the fit. I wore NB 10.5EE for 30 years until I got the Hoka Stinsen. I started out with size 11 and they felt great but after they broke in and loosened up, I had to ad that thin insole under the real insole, then later I had to put in a thicker insole that I had gotten from the podiatrist. Now I order 10.5 and run with that thin insole ( I think it's for orthotics) for a few runs, then switch to the regular insole and they are just right.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Nov 26, 14 13:39
Quote Reply
Re: Wide-footed Hoka fans rejoice? We'll see! [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're saying they're going to add a wide size to an existing model? First I've heard. I even spoke to Hoka reps at the IMAZ Expo and they indicated the Constant was going to be their "roomier" option. They told me the Bondi was going to get narrower.

------------------
Quote Reply