Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Florence, Italy: Bike Help
Quote | Reply
I am heading on my honeymoon to just outside of Florence, Italy. The wife and I were looking to rent some bikes for the week and needed some help finding a local bike shop.

If anyone has any contacts or input, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Florence, Italy: Bike Help [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about bikes, but you MUST eat at La Trattoria ZaZa while you're in Florence. From what I recall, it's pretty close to the outdoor market area. Go when you're hungry because you will not want to stop eating!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spaghetti alla Sabatini, from Sabatini, is fantastic (Via Panzani, 9/a)
Quote Reply
Re: Florence, Italy: Bike Help [jw76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on Zaza
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2 for Florencebybike. Very helpful. Some great riding around Florence, up to Fiosole, part of the route for the world champs. Felt safer there with cars 6 inches away than I do in Canada with cars 6 feet away.
Quote Reply
Re: Florence, Italy: Bike Help [cptpinoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2 on ZaZa. If you want something a little fancier check out La Giostra, it's a few blocks from the Duomo.

I studied abroad there in 2008 and one of the best things I did was take a bike tour with Per's Bike Tours. No idea if he's still around but it was an amazing experience. Later in the semester I rented a bike and got lost around Florence by myself for the day. One of the best experiences of my life. I only wish I was actually into cycling while living in Italy for a semester! The riding I could have done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What type of bike are you looking for?

Our inventory in Florence is not as good as it is here in the U.S., but we do have some classic cruisers for rent in the area.

Check them out here or please shoot us an email at hello@spinlister.com and we would love to help you track down a bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Florence, Italy: Bike Help [SPINLISTER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Florence by bike is all you need to know. Bring your own pedals and shoes. I recommend mtb pedals and shoes as you need to stop at the coffee joint or deli to get some wine and an sandwich. Promise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone! I think I am going to go with some road bikes from Florence by Bike.

Also, I'll be sure to carb up at all the choice restaurants!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is an amazing little restaurant in an alley close to the pitti palace. Their steak was my favorite meal ever. Yes, ever. We went 2x. I had the name on my phone, but it got stolen in spain. Sorry.
Quote Reply