Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

808 with powertap for COZ
Quote | Reply
Any one know how to rent or even purchase a cheap 808 with PTAP clincher for IM Coz. Tbt rents sets but none with PTAP
I have a 404 front and a 404 rear but would prefer the 808 rear.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Billabong [ In reply to ]
Re: 808 with powertap for COZ [tridogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With money.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: 808 with powertap for COZ [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Legit reasoning however my 404 rear ptap is well well used for both training and racing. Has 5 IM and countless 1/2s old so around 3000 miles. Im waiting for it to explode. Thought it might be a good time to get another.
I really don't get why I cant use the disc in coz. I ride a disc in very windy conditions and love leaning into the crosswind using it like a sail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is cheap for you? is 2k - 3k for new wheel cheap? are you only considering zipp? would you consider other brands?
Have you checked the classified? you might want to post a wanted ad there.
I wish they do allow disc there too. the wind in the eastern section seems to be mostly head wind anyway.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: 808 with powertap for COZ [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Nut wrote:
What is cheap for you? is 2k - 3k for new wheel cheap? are you only considering zipp? would you consider other brands?
I wish they do allow disc there too. the wind in the eastern section seems to be mostly head wind anyway.

how often do you ride Cozumel? I would suspect very limited because i live here and have experienced wind from all directions (cross, head and tail) all on teh eastern side - all the SAME ride. wind moves around a LOT here and it is mostly gusty. coz is also an island and the best medical care is over in Merida. i know they like their clinics, but the good orthos are all over in Merida. that is a LONG distance after the wind has just placed you on the reef rocks or over in the jungle.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: 808 with powertap for COZ [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:
Tri Nut wrote:

how often do you ride Cozumel? I would suspect very limited because i live here and have experienced wind from all directions (cross, head and tail) all on teh eastern side - all the SAME ride. wind moves around a LOT here and it is mostly gusty. coz is also an island and the best medical care is over in Merida. i know they like their clinics, but the good orthos are all over in Merida. that is a LONG distance after the wind has just placed you on the reef rocks or over in the jungle.

you are right, not much. Actually rode that section once in 2012 during the race and it was all brutal head wind. I didn't do it last year but I think it was all head wind too if I remember correctly. Can we get a tail wind this year? :)

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Last edited by: Tri Nut: Oct 29, 14 13:52
Quote Reply
Re: 808 with powertap for COZ [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got a tail wind in September. :) but then you will pay at other places on the course.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could get it from Race Day Wheels and hand-carry it with you. You may have to pay extra for keeping them longer than the weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: 808 with powertap for COZ [ianm98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I thought of that.I sent an email request to them and no response yet . Hopefully Ill hear from them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tridogs wrote:
Legit reasoning however my 404 rear ptap is well well used for both training and racing. Has 5 IM and countless 1/2s old so around 3000 miles. Im waiting for it to explode. Thought it might be a good time to get another.
I really don't get why I cant use the disc in coz. I ride a disc in very windy conditions and love leaning into the crosswind using it like a sail.

Wait, you pay how much for a wheel and you're not confident in it after 3000 miles? That's not even a full year of riding!

Is that normal for high priced aero wheels?
Quote Reply