Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMAZ Bib List Posted
Quote | Reply
Bib list is posted at http://www.ironman.com/...ona%20bib%20list.pdf

Anyone know what is up with the numbering? AWAs maybe?
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Bib List Posted [mhepp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am guessing AWA. Strange numbering for sure.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing some of them are the IM Foundation numbers as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
721. Strange number for M45-49, but I got my spot via Endurance Sports Travel, not Active.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice there are a LOT of duplicates. People with the same name and location with different bibs listed sequentially. Maybe a couple are legit siblings but otherwise pretty sure there is something wrong here...
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Bib List Posted [mcnnr27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcnnr27 wrote:
Anyone notice there are a LOT of duplicates. People with the same name and location with different bibs listed sequentially. Maybe a couple are legit siblings but otherwise pretty sure there is something wrong here...

Yes....I have two bib numbers. I'll sort it out when I get there I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2950. IM #9 and the least-trained I have ever been for an IM! :)

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Bib List Posted [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a smoking low number - 197. However, I'm both AWA and a Foundation entry. I'm leaving towards the Foundation as the reason - that $700 donation has to have some perks.

The only thing between me and the pros are the Executive Challenge guys (140 to 160) and the Physically Challenged. I'll be able to spot my bike from the swim exit.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Bib List Posted [IronLiam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got 159 and im not executive.

Heck im not even the executive of my household.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Bib List Posted [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected - the only thing between me and the pros are XC, PC and Zach.

XC has 16(ish) guys in IMAZ this year, I know some are in the 140's. Probably their bibs are 130-150 then. They are easily identifiable anyways, matching baby seal outfits, $10k bikes and personal Sherpa services.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha thanks. Say hi if you see me around
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronLiam wrote:
I got a smoking low number - 197. However, I'm both AWA and a Foundation entry. I'm leaving towards the Foundation as the reason - that $700 donation has to have some perks.

The only thing between me and the pros are the Executive Challenge guys (140 to 160) and the Physically Challenged. I'll be able to spot my bike from the swim exit.

I am 196...same story as you.

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Bib List Posted [tridiego] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
196! Leave it to someone on Slowtwitch to take away my elbow room in T1. My circa 2009 external bike cabling needs its share of rack space.

Hopefully, 198 is a no show - but if you've paid for foundation and you're AWA, odds are the commitment is high for this race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So in most cases the numbers reflect the age group, but now that they don't I wonder if we will be on a different rack. I presume so. Although, we happen to be in the same age group....

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the number really matter in terms of th racking? I guess low means you are close to the exit?
Quote Reply