Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Moving to Charleston, SC. Tips? [gantaliano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll love Charleston. Very active community, beautiful place. I'd stick with Mt Pleasant or West Ashley for living.. good groups of running, tri's, etc.
Lots of growth projected over next 20 years, not necessarily a good thing, but many others have come to visit, then stayed. It will continue.
Good luck and welcome to SC
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Charleston, SC. Tips? [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just found out the Mt pleasant Trek store has several routes posted in the store and on their website.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Charleston, SC. Tips? [tridogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to laugh at this. I live a half mile if the BRP in Asheville, but we spent new years in Charleston to ride in the warmth and flat. Mount pleasant is very cool, though it is a bit of a "roll up the sidewalks at sun down" kind of place. Riding out to the beach and around isle of palms and Sullivan's Island were great. Not by plan, but we never actually made it to downtown Charleston on this trip.

I grew up in Texas, and lived all over this continent, from Georgia to Alaska before settling in Asheville. I found a minority of people go to church regularly in any of those places, though the "bible belt" states do have more restrictive laws about booze.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Charleston, SC. Tips? [Endo Ag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a MTB if you didn't have one. Great group of riders in the area. The Low Country Fat Tire Freaks. There's a few decent trails in the area also.

Not a really big tri community but there are a few good bike shops and some good places to ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Charleston, SC. Tips? [Rover24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a small 70.3 in Mt.pleasant in the spring and a sprint series that runs through the summer in James island.

There's also the Oly dist race at Kiawah Island in mid-Sept every year for many yrs now.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be making the move there myself in the near future. Coming down in a couple weeks to see if its for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, (That's Hello in Charleston) welcome to Charleston. This is a great place to live and train. In Mt. Pleasant there are two public 25 meter pools and a pric=vate pool as well. The best rides are from the Trek store and the Try sports rides in MP. I like to make loops around IOP and Sullivan's Island on my own. You can run on the beach or over the bridge, also Park West Subdivision there's a network of multi-use paths. The local sprint has been running since 1986. We have awell devleoped tri scene here and afriendly community in general. Good luck with your move and don't forget to visit Indigo Creek Pet Supplies. My bro and I are the owners and both race locally.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Charleston, SC. Tips? [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have everything wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving to Charleston, SC. Tips? [Indigodog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tips! Really appreciate it! I'll be sure to swing by your store and say hi when I get my daughter a goldfish or beta after the move. =)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i noticed most Trek store rides started at SeeWee outpost near awendaw. is this not correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MP has the best schools as well. My daughter is in 1st grade at Whitesides Elementary. There is also great support for home-schooling called Connections Academy. Yay Charleston!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most start at The Trek store and stop at the Sewee outpost which is a couple miles away. Some people pick up the ride where it most convenient.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you describe these routes as flat and fast?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They couldn't be flatter. Mostly fast, but depends on the wind.
Quote Reply

Prev Next