Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fill in the blanks, my potential week of training.
Quote | Reply
As a Fat guy with no talent I also have a serious time issue. Three kids in activities and a full time job eats up every week night. I do however have flexibility in my daily work schedule (I am a Physical Therapist) and have modified my schedule to allow 1.25hour training blocks mid day. My wife will be fine with me running in the evenings for up to an hour. I can swim Monday and Thursday mornings for up to 45min Monday and 1 hour Thursday.

So here is my blank training schedule:

Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday- 1.25hour Day 1.0 evening

Monday, Thursday Am Swim 1.25hour Day 1.0 evening

Saturday: Am - 2-4hours depending on time I feel like getting up. Evening 1.0hour

Sunday: Am 1.0-1.5h Afternoon 1.2-2.0hour

CaptainCanada training plan is a given.
Quote Reply
Re: Fill in the blanks, my potential week of training. [FTDA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang man. You almost have 15 hours of training time there. That is plenty! I'll let the schedule masters chime in, but you shouldn't have any troubles getting lots of training hours in with those constraints.
Quote Reply
Re: Fill in the blanks, my potential week of training. [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will have to build up to utilizing the full hours listed above. Especially the running. I forgot that I play a game of Rec hockey on Tuesdays which removes the Tuesday run.

I think evenings I will focus on the Barry P run program. For first 3-4 months it will be easy riding (160-190 watts) until I get my cycling legs back.

After that I am not sure what to do during the week as 1.25 is a short bike ride, should it be easy riding or daily interval session? Or a mix of both?
Quote Reply
Re: Fill in the blanks, my potential week of training. [FTDA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply