Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

oh oh....carnage?
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or entertainment. Depending on your point of view.
Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True.....camera will be ready for NASCAR-like action. Thinking they'll up the budget for medical.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a good thing we have ObamaCare!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not much of a change. Most of the biggest age group races in the world are basically draft legal events due to poor enforcement/lack of willingness to enforce the current draft legal rules.

I honestly see AG DL racing as part of the future of the sport.

The biggest PIA will now be if you want to do the Oly and Sprint at Nationals, and the sprint is draft legal and operates under the current technical specs, you need 2 bikes. TT for Oly nationals, road for sprint nationals.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [furiousferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
furiousferret wrote:
Jesus, does every topic, no matter how innocuous, somehow have to be stretched into an "I hate Obama" rant? This is two minutes after someone turned headphones on a bike into an "I hate Obama" post. Get over it,more people have health insurance, less will die, i know, it sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [TriDadInAvl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I choose to interpret his post as not containing sarcasm.
It is a good thing, otherwise those people would be getting treated in emergency rooms for free and then I would pay for it with a $4,000 bill to spend 3 seconds putting my shoulder back in socket

=)

no free lunch except letting poor and middle class people die!

TriDadInAvl wrote:
furiousferret wrote:
Jesus, does every topic, no matter how innocuous, somehow have to be stretched into an "I hate Obama" rant? This is two minutes after someone turned headphones on a bike into an "I hate Obama" post. Get over it,more people have health insurance, less will die, i know, it sucks.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it was sarcasm, and if so, my apologies. However, I'd be a tad surprised if the top level AGers are unable to afford healthcare, hence needing subsidies. Pros on the other hand...(Probably making much less than top AGers). Anyway, ridiculous stretches people make to bash Obama(and republicans) for that matter get irritating when you just want to read tri related stuff. My damn shoe lace is untied again...Thanks obama!

jackmott wrote:
It is a good thing, otherwise those people would be getting treated in emergency rooms for free and then I would pay for it with a $4,000 bill to spend 3 seconds putting my shoulder back in socket

=)

TriDadInAvl wrote:
furiousferret wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alert! Alert! Angry Democrat! Run while you still can

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Oct 21, 14 11:47
Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Alert! Alert! Angry Democrat Alert!

Right...you got me. Very adorable.

LOL!!! It's you! The guy who pretends to be a liberal or a republican depending on your audience! I'm shocked you'd be a republican on this page though. By the way, this is josh.
Last edited by: TriDadInAvl: Oct 21, 14 11:51
Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
The biggest PIA will now be if you want to do the Oly and Sprint at Nationals, and the sprint is draft legal and operates under the current technical specs, you need 2 bikes. TT for Oly nationals, road for sprint nationals.

This was my first thought.. or bring an S5 and put on clip ons and slam the seat forward for the Olympic race.

What do you AG draft legal results look like... is there a pack dynamic?
Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
not much of a change. Most of the biggest age group races in the world are basically draft legal events due to poor enforcement/lack of willingness to enforce the current draft legal rules.

I honestly see AG DL racing as part of the future of the sport.

According to USAT, the 2015 Sprint Nationals will not be draft legal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriDadInAvl wrote:
furiousferret wrote:

Whoa, it was a joke. Since its going to be draft legal and triathletes aren't known for their bike handling skills, its assumingly going to be a crashfest. Since they'll all be in the hospital they'll need some form of healthcare. Eh, its not funny if I have to spell it out.

Anyway, I'm not a politics guy. I tend to block those people on Facebook, on either side of the spectrum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way...I knew it was you the entire time. I didn't even have to dig through your posts. I'm a Conservative...I always was one...learn to live with that. I'm not the one who ended a friendship over politics though :) Good to hear from you again

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Oct 21, 14 13:09
Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
desert dude wrote:

This was my first thought.. or bring an S5 and put on clip ons and slam the seat forward for the Olympic race.

What do you AG draft legal results look like... is there a pack dynamic?

Yes, very much so. You'd have groupings. You'd have a lead pack of the fastest swimmers with maybe 1 or 2 off the front they have to reel in. The strong cyclists will move to the front and try and should attack and work together to create a break on the runners. AN all-arounder will either sit in an d save energy and wait for a late attack, or take a chance and go with the cyclists.

Later will come weaker swimmers. That group will have similar dynamics. The stronger runners and cyclists will work together to bridge that lead group. IF that fails, then the stronger riders will want to attack and form a chase group.

The challenge like in cycling will be motivating everyone to work together rather than sit-in and conserve energy. IF you get pissed off enough, you'll just attack and ride off solo.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to another great race in Milwaukee.
Will the Sprint run as draft-legal or remain draft-illegal?
Like · Reply · 3 hrs

• Remove
    USA Triathlon: The 2015 Sprint National Championships will not be a draft-legal race. Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriDadInAvl wrote:
Maybe it was sarcasm, and if so, my apologies. However, I'd be a tad surprised if the top level AGers are unable to afford healthcare, hence needing subsidies. Pros on the other hand...(Probably making much less than top AGers). Anyway, ridiculous stretches people make to bash Obama(and republicans) for that matter get irritating when you just want to read tri related stuff. My damn shoe lace is untied again...Thanks obama!

jackmott wrote:

=)

TriDadInAvl wrote:
furiousferret wrote:

Is this still Bush's fault? Just asking.........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a link to a news story from July and the issue was debated ad nauseum here in various threads, including at least this one.

Are you purposely dredging this up because you enjoy the sound of others beating their heads against each other or did you honestly not realize there was no new news on this front?
Quote Reply
Re: oh oh....carnage? [OkotoksLawyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having a bad day? Man, take a breath.
Quote Reply