Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 12v to 110v? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"If you are just building an incline table you could get away with something smaller/cheaper like this"

i like it. and it's cheap. but, much better if it's already wired 110v. but i need more travel. is there a next size up? and 110v?

Sorry, but these are just surplus supply and doesn't look like they are from a product line. Seems to be from electric car seats:
http://www.amazon.com/...ectric/dp/B005IR1NBA

Any of these small motor actuators are likely to be low voltage DC motors, and to make them universal and cheap most manufacturers won't include the electronics necessary for conversion.

How much travel are you looking for? Is this just for raising the front wheel? Or will the entire bike/trainer combo sit on the table?

Do you know anyone with a broken treadmill that has incline?
Quote Reply
Re: 12v to 110v? [fierceSun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
look at the 2 posts above yours. 10" should do it. i need an 8 percent grade, for fitting purposes. 10" will be more than enough. 9" okay. 6" maybe not okay.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
what do you think of this bad boy? a right angle lead screw might be space saving for me - i could stick the thing inside, underneath the table the fit bike sits on. faster travel. holds more weight.

ST Media guide?
Last edited by: Slowman: Oct 21, 14 14:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oops. that's what happens when i try to be a multi tasker. this bad boy.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty nice and at a great price! Looks like everything you need, minus some brackets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Firgelli can supply a bunch of different brackets for their actuators. In any case, brackets are usually not much of a problem...

Remember Luddites are people too...
Last edited by: tdstegner: Oct 21, 14 17:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like that since it is a complete package, if there are any issues, you have one supplier to call and get it squared away!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, the "powered" tongue jacks I've used on car- or horse-haulers are all powered from a 12V car or RV battery onboard the trailer because the wiring connections from tow vehicle to trailer are not rated for the current draw by the jack. The connection to the tow vehisle is used to charge the battery on the trailer. And our bigger trailers use hydraulic rather than electric. You're definitely on a more practical path considering options other than a trailer jack.

Jeff
Quote Reply

Prev Next