Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New bike day! 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2 (with pictures)
Quote | Reply
My new Blue came in a couple weeks back & I finally got a chance to go in & get all set up on it. This is my first road tri bike I have ever owned after doing last season on a 20 year old Cannondale MTB. I researched extensively (maybe too much) before deciding on the Blue Triad EX Di2 because it gave me the most bang for my buck & it will last me a long time before I get the itch to upgrade.

A few surprises were in store when I picked the bike up. The brake levers listed on the Blue site are Ultegra levers with the Di2 buttons. As you can see, it actually came with Dura-Ace levers. Also, the cassette is listed on their site as a 105 cassette, but it came with the Ultegra cassette. Probably the only component on the bike that I would eventually upgrade is the crank, but that's down the road when I make a decision on adding power. Wheels will be an upgrade too, but I will do that closer to the start of next season.

Here is a link to a full album of pictures I finally got a chance to take today. If anyone wants to see anything specific on the bike that you can't see in the pictures, let me know & I will take some more close up or macro shots.

http://imgur.com/a/hGZWH
Last edited by: Meathead: Oct 19, 14 19:27
Quote Reply
Re: New bike day! 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2 (with pictures) [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks good!

Not a road bike by the way, but a triathlon bike. You still need a road bike. Remember N+1.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike day! 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2 (with pictures) [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It def wouldn't have been my first choice, mostly due to brand loyalty, but very nice indeed! That paint is actually not bad.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike day! 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2 (with pictures) [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
Looks good!

Not a road bike by the way, but a triathlon bike. You still need a road bike. Remember N+1.

True, but considering every bike I have ever had in my life was either a MTB or BMX bike, it's a big step.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What Garmin mount is that?
Quote Reply
Re: New bike day! 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2 (with pictures) [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the stock one that came with my 510 bundle

https://buy.garmin.com/...ount/prod114881.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey Meat.

great looking bike. i have the 2010 blue triad. just a heads up. make sure there's enough room for the back wheel if you decide to upgrade the wheels especially if you decide to use GT 4000's. it's a very tight fit with my flo's, but im at the point where i will take the risk because i dont like the mavic tires im using.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike day! 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2 (with pictures) [gleeclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gleeclub wrote:
hey Meat.

great looking bike. i have the 2010 blue triad. just a heads up. make sure there's enough room for the back wheel if you decide to upgrade the wheels especially if you decide to use GT 4000's. it's a very tight fit with my flo's, but im at the point where i will take the risk because i dont like the mavic tires im using.

I've read that about the rear being a tight fit for some tires and some wheels too. The nice thing is that I have a pretty solid guy at my LBS who would never let me walk out with anything that wasn't perfectly set up with no problems. He will "make things work" if needed, but I think he would rather things work free & clear.
Quote Reply
Re: New bike day! 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2 (with pictures) [gleeclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gleeclub wrote:
hey Meat.

How did it work out with the Flos? I have a 2011 Triad EX myself and am looking at possibly buying a Flo disc, but want to make sure everything works before I pull the trigger
Quote Reply
Re: New bike day! 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2 (with pictures) [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
gleeclub wrote:
hey Meat.

How did it work out with the Flos? I have a 2011 Triad EX myself and am looking at possibly buying a Flo disc, but want to make sure everything works before I pull the trigger

Welcome to the Blue family! It's small but incredibly warm. And fuzzy. And fast.

I put on a FLO 60 and it worked, albeit tight. It would be a bigger problem if you used wider tires as well. Sorry can't help with the disc... I ended up going with a wheelcover instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome bike. I have decided that my next bike will have Di2, if for no other reason so I can shift when on the drops.

WHAT DID IT COST YOU ALL TOGETHER IS YOU DON'T MIND SHARING???

Thanks,

Jamie
Quote Reply
Re: New bike day! 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2 (with pictures) [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
gleeclub wrote:
hey Meat.

The only fit issues we've seen with Blue bikes is the tire. The stays get really narrow were the tire runs. In the past using a 22mm tire instead of a 23mm tire has worked. The FLO DISC as a wheel should fit but you'll have to make sure you have the right tire.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply