Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Made it through Christmas Eve where my family gets together at a net gain of zero. Considering a sugar binge last night I'm probably retaining quite a bit of water, too, which is hopeful :P
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Stewed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 gluttonous parties, 38 miles run, 0 change in weight. I'll take it...
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Rusty Sprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I did not reach my goal. Was it a failure? Yes, in many respects. Let's break from current American cultural norms and not sugar coat it. I didn't get it done. About a 3 pound loss. Was looking for 10.
Silver linings? Yes. Always.
Fun.
You guys got motivated.
I didn't blow up like a tick.
Not in a bad place going into January trainer season. Wish I were lighter but I also wish I had Taylor Phinney's genes and Taylor Swift's real estate.
Cheers. Good luck in 15. Don't be dicks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goal is to be down another 8 lbs by October. Its a long road, with twists and switchbacks, hills, valleys, ups and downs. Looking for consistent training and nutrition and slow gradual changes...with the occasional all hell broke loose DINNER just for fun! Happy new year y'all!
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [docholiday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
docholiday wrote:
My goal is to be down another 8 lbs by October. Its a long road, with twists and switchbacks, hills, valleys, ups and downs. Looking for consistent training and nutrition and slow gradual changes...with the occasional all hell broke loose DINNER just for fun! Happy new year y'all!

8 pounds in 10 months or 80 pounds in 10 months? If it is 8 pounds by October I think you can do it by Valentines!
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
docholiday wrote:

8 pounds in 10 months or 80 pounds in 10 months? If it is 8 pounds by October I think you can do it by Valentines!

lol 8 lbs it is. My daughter's getting married and I have to fit into the suit pants! damn designer clothes... gotta get it off, and keep it off.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [docholiday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
docholiday wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
docholiday wrote:

lol 8 lbs it is. My daughter's getting married and I have to fit into the suit pants! damn designer clothes... gotta get it off, and keep it off.

YOU CAN DO IT!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Started off jan 1 at 194, so slightly off target but given the holidays not terrible. Still should be able to reach 180 by race in march which would be just over 1lbs a week.

The belt I got in 00ish that I had to make a smaller notch in at the time I took all the way up to the second from the largest I was back at the smallest notch I had made and it was no longer working as of a few weeks ago. New belt showed up on the 31st and I fit in the largest notch, if i ever don't fit this belt I will know that I am doing something wrong.

Unfortunately also apparently starting off 2015 with some sort of head cold/allergies/ sinus issue, not sure what yet. But I skipped my trainer ride on the First for snowboarding and only made it an hour, just wasn't safe at all I couldn't focus and my vision was really screwing me up. Skipped swim and trainer ride this morning due to sinus med induced fog and sitting at work quite dizzy. Hopefully this passes for the sake of training and also because I don't like that it appears this grapefruit is moving around my desk.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like most people are making good progress :) good job everyone.

I started New years at 196, but that was after holiday bloating and issues. Really cleaned up my diet the past 4 days and I've dropped a LOT of water weight. I'm keeping a pretty good 20-23% protein, ~50-65% carbs (remainder fat obviously) ratio. No sweets at all. Down to 189 as of this morning. I hope my weight stabilizes soon, but I'm not exactly opposed to this unprecedented drop in the numbers.

For being 6'1, I'd really like to try to get back to 165. 16 weeks, 20 lbs. doable.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Stewed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't checked in for a while, post holiday weight loss is coming along. From a high of 172 at the end of November I weighed in this morning at 163.9. The only thing I've done is cut out potato chips for lunch and dessert Monday-Friday. Weekend's I'm still pretty much a binge eater.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holding at 197, which is amazing considering the amount of absolute shit I ate - and drank - between Christmas and, let's say, yesterday. Thanks, God, for exercise, as that's the only dam pushing back against this rising tide.

Now I need to run up a hill.

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [Rick in the D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took an entire two month off from training and have been eating garbage for roughly three months during this period of time. After being in the best shape of my life in which I completed two IM's in around 12 hours last year, I went on a drinking and food binge and went completely off the rails. I did have a decent time, but there was nothing positive in terms of being a triathlete. I could describe a number of factors at play including a recent divorce to explain why I did what I did but either way I'm on the other side of that situation now.

I didn't feel like training so I didn't, and the finally one day I looked in the mirror and simply changed my perspective about where I was in life and felt rejuvenated to get back to living healthy. I'm now past the negativity and I'm back to working out for fun this week and have so far logged 10 miles running and 20 miles biking.

Right now I'm just focused on building back my fitness. My weight went from 165 to 201 during this short period of time, I really got after it!!! Fast food, pizza, Chinese food, Mexican food, etc...it was all really good. But now I'm eating healthy, feel good about it and am ready to enjoy the process of getting better in some shape or form one day at a time.

Anyway, I'm signed up for Ironman CDA and Wisconsin this year and am not worried about being able to finish CDA and am not concerned about how that time turns out as long as I can cross the finish line. I am looking at posting a solid time in Wisconsin. I am a teacher and have my summer open so I will really be able to dedicate some serious training during that time. Given that I had a solid two years of training before I decided to let myself go for a while, this isn't too lofty for expectations is it?
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [SwiftRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to here that you did the change and you going thee good route again!

Sports can keep people from the bad stuff. I know that myself. If I didn't do sports I would maybe not change my eating habits very much (which I quite healthy I believe with almost non processed foods), but I would definitely drink a lot more, which is not good lol.
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [ak47] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's that time of year again.....office holiday party in about 12 hours and I'm already daydreaming about all the apps and zerts I am going to destroy. Planning on a short tempo run on the hotel treadmill beforehand so that I don't feel too guilty about my inevitable binge. Anyone else?
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [msaad7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apps and Zerts. A to Z, and everything in between.

I came home for my two week break from school. It's just me here right now, but normally my parents eat pretty well; however, I don't doubt Christmas sugar cookies being made sometime in the near future. Once that happens, all hope is lost.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy26: Dec 16, 15 6:07
Quote Reply
Re: The unbearable being of lightness. [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Microfasting will be my friend this year. I have started the last 2 weeks and it really seems to be helping me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next