Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo
Quote | Reply
Sigh... since my college team won their game Saturday, I have to race my next tri in a speedo. Where can I find the banana hammocks?

---------------------------------------------
I taught Chuck Norris everything he knows

Quote Reply
Re: Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo [CoreyLMay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The speedo store!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job having so much faith in your team that you bet against them. Since you probably aren't buying them to train in the pool, buy one from http://www.splish.com/products/briefs/all

Abell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kiwami has a padded brief. That would be my choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it's just a sprint you really shouldn't need a padded brief. If that's the case swimoutlet.com has a bunch of choices, some starting as low as $7.99. The Sporti briefs are pretty comfortable and can be had for about $12.99 depending on color, etc.

trav

Quote | Reply
If I were you, I would start losing weight - a whole lot of weight. But that's me and I don't know what your physique looks like.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo [abell103] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
abell103 wrote:
Since you probably aren't buying them to train in the pool, buy one from http://www.splish.com/products/briefs/all

I have a splish semi-custom that I'll be wearing in a race in 3 weeks. It's not the most comfortable thing to wear on the bike, but it feels great to run in. No restrictions anywhere. And the smile you put on the faces of volunteers and spectators is priceless.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo [abell103] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
abell103 wrote:
Good job having so much faith in your team that you bet against them. Since you probably aren't buying them to train in the pool, buy one from http://www.splish.com/products/briefs/all

Yeah. It's a bet, you knew there was a chance you would lose. Just make it fun, people will probably remember you more than whoever ends up winning the race.

Even more awesome though if you podium with that. Awesome official pictures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can still get them at any big box sporting goods store.

Get some vintage Oakleys (or those bug-eyed Bole's), no shirt, and do the race old school. Be prepared for high fives from the more serious competitors, and WTF looks from the teenage volunteers.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^priceless!!!

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you use the unpadded version, check the seam placement. Some have an exposed seam in a very bad place for riding a bike. Even for a sprint. Trust me on this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suggest you race in this!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swimoutlet.com
Quote Reply
Re: Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is awesome. Now I know what to wear on my anniversary this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CoreyLMay wrote:
Sigh... since my college team won their game Saturday, I have to race my next tri in a speedo. Where can I find the banana hammocks?

Dude... Seriously? It is an honor to brief race triathlon. 8 successful Ironmans and counting with no chafing. Number 9 coming up in a little over 18 days. I'm just deciding on what speedo to rock in this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I am excited. I'm thinking about wearing that and a bow tie during the entire race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does that stay on? Actually, never mind. I don't want to know.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
CoreyLMay wrote:

Dude... Seriously? It is an honor to brief race triathlon. 8 successful Ironmans and counting with no chafing. Number 9 coming up in a little over 18 days. I'm just deciding on what speedo to rock in this one.
Nylon, size 28 green
None better
(Haven't made them in 30 odd years unfortunately)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, at the finish of IM Cozumel, in VERY hot and humid conditions I saw a guy cross the finish line wearing a Mexican wrestlers mask! I mean, I know that those are popular and I don't know if he did the whole race in one but it looked REALLY hot.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our tri club has custom printed stars and stripes speedos that get worn at the annual 4th of July Sprint. 6 to 12 guys and a few ladies swallowing their pride in red white and blue speedos showing patriotic side - and several other sides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What the fuck is that! It was right in my face when I opened the thread. Well played, sir.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone needs to make a speedo with this print on it:

Quote Reply
Re: Racing a Triathlon in a Speedo [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lol'd at your response...

I'm hoping to get more high fives than odd awkward stares...

Quote Reply