Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [wufpak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wufpak wrote:
Sounds like a go:

"The recent E. coli reading is 10 times higher than the state's acceptable level for swimming safety."

All clear. Bacteria levels well within tolerance. Those suckers who are too squeamish can stay home.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was much ado about nothing. But what the hell was with the shrubbery? Is that a normal thing. I swam in four patches of that. I think it was palo verde branches. And it got in my suit and was scratching the hell out of my friction points. Had to stop mid swim to get it out. Then in transition had to take my top off to get the rest out.

On a side not. Or on the bike worst Olympic run ever. Gotta get used to the desert. My pm results were good like my last oly race. So I'm guessing something else was causing those cramps.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Was much ado about nothing. But what the hell was with the shrubbery? Is that a normal thing. I swam in four patches of that. I think it was palo verde branches. And it got in my suit and was scratching the hell out of my friction points. Had to stop mid swim to get it out. Then in transition had to take my top off to get the rest out.

On a side not. Or on the bike worst Olympic run ever. Gotta get used to the desert. My pm results were good like my last oly race. So I'm guessing something else was causing those cramps.

Agree, found those branch like things a bit surprising, made it interesting. Did see something that I have never seen at a triathlon before. In addition to the people cutting to the front of the line at registration on Saturday, the 100s of Ironman tattoos, the simpletons prancing around in 'finisher' gear, and the 9,475 selfies I saw being taken, I saw a GUY on Saturday with an M-Dot earring. I am pretty sure I was not drunk or on drugs at noon on Saturday so feel certain I actually did see this.
Quote Reply
Re: Tempe Town Lake: [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I saw a lot of M-Dot tattoos for an Olympic or Sprint race. But maybe that is the norm. With Ironman AZ, it gives you a little taste of part of the course. I guess I knew by the profiles, but I was surprised how artificially hilly the course was.

Quote Reply

Prev Next