Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM CHOO CHOO Swim [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So are you saying that the middle of the river is where the faster current is?
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO CHOO Swim [gilabruce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gilabruce wrote:
So are you saying that the middle of the river is where the faster current is?

Generally yes. Typically the deepest part is fastest...until you hit the turns.

Based on the Chatt map, looks like the bouy line actually looks to be a pretty fast line if the buoys are actually where they are indicated on the map.

Last edited by: godaddygo: Sep 23, 14 12:00
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO CHOO Swim [godaddygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it will be interesting to see how much out into the middle they set the buoys. For the waterfront race they always funnel the swimmers closer to the bank so we never seem to have any current worth mentioning.
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO CHOO Swim [trifreemc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trifreemc wrote:
it will be interesting to see how much out into the middle they set the buoys. For the waterfront race they always funnel the swimmers closer to the bank so we never seem to have any current worth mentioning.

What are your swim times at Waterfront compared to other 1.5k swims? I'm easily 3-4 minutes faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They've either been about the same or a couple of minutes faster, nothing that I would consider significant. Nothing like Augusta which was very fast in comparison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine was at least 3-4 mins faster for a non-wetsuit swim. Was 25:XX at Waterfront and am a 28-29:XX wetsuit lake swim guy. I am sure that the slight current helps a slow guy like me keep my momentum versus a faster guy in the water.
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO CHOO Swim [trifreemc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trifreemc wrote:

That is what I found this year at waterfront. Very little help from the current.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO CHOO Swim [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word from the looney tunes on Facebook is that the "official water temp" is at 77 degrees........
Quote Reply
Re: IM CHOO CHOO Swim [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Un-swim related: The Pro list has been released. 51 men and 27 women.

Pro List

Good luck to all racing!

If you see a guy walking around with a broken neck and IMFL visor on, buy me a beer please!
Quote Reply

Prev Next