Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon second in today's sports roundup!
Quote | Reply
Thought it was pertinent to highlight that the finale of the ITU series was second in the sports review this morning on the BBC; triathlon was behind tennis, but ahead of the rest... A lot of that is attributed to the household name status of the Brownlee brothers.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, with the debates about pros raging at the moment. The Brownlees are dragging triathlon into the mainstream spotlight.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon second in today's sports roundup! [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon is definitely booming in the U.K. And the Brownlees deserve the coverage. Congrats again to Alistair!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon second in today's sports roundup! [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alistair won that race but the champ is Javier Gomez. I have started to watch the ITU circuit a bit more (Comcast Universal Sports has it in the US) and they are exciting races. Great swims, draft legal biking (on drop handlebar bikes), and runs that always end in an epic battle make them exciting races.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon second in today's sports roundup! [patsullivan6630] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patsullivan6630 wrote:
Alistair won that race but the champ is Javier Gomez. I have started to watch the ITU circuit a bit more (Comcast Universal Sports has it in the US) and they are exciting races. Great swims, draft legal biking (on drop handlebar bikes), and runs that always end in an epic battle make them exciting races.

Meanwhile, in the US, the biggest sports news is that a medicore NFL team cut a marginal player who happens to be gay. You see, the problem in the US is there is almost no air time available to cover sports. So around the clock ESPN radio and TV stations, and other media outlets like Yahoo have to be very choosy about the high quality of their stories.
Quote Reply