Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tall guys - what wattage for sub hr 40k? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
The width of your shoulders has no bearing om the benefit of wheel and frame aero.

Oh, I agree. What I was meaning was paying lots of$$ for the best aero gear realistically wasn't going to make that much difference (proportionally) for someone like me with a big frontal area of skin, fat a little muscle and bones, causing most of the drag. If I wanted to improve by 5, 10 % or whatever, I'd be better off working on making the big sail smaller (lower, narrower etc) and improving the engine. But I won't be telling my wife that because she'd then question why I need all this aero gear and that would spoil my fun :)
Quote Reply
Re: Tall guys - what wattage for sub hr 40k? [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, I just backed out from analytic cycling what it took me to do a flat 25:20 20k on 318W and then ran those numbers at 40 kph.

Low crr for tires (Bontrager Aerowing 19 on a Hed3 up front, Vittoria Evo CX 23mm on a Chinese generic 25mm wide carbon-alloy clincher in the back).

I punch a small hole in the wind -- probably somewhere below .210

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply

Prev Next