Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Attn bike experts, need advice on Felt B series
Quote | Reply
So I would like to get some feedback from the community on the 2015 Felt lineup, specifically the B14. I am a late 30's age grouper who consistently finishes in the top 20% in almost every race I enter. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new tri bike but because of my limited income as a school teacher the most I can do is about $2200. That has left me looking for used bikes on Ebay, Clist, and the ST classifieds. That was until I noticed this brand new 2015 Felt B-14.

http://www.feltbicycles.com/...ilable-in-650c-.aspx

I have already been down to my LBS and they are available for order, the bike fits, and will retail for only $1999. I'm usually one to assume that if something seems to good to be true than it usually is. How is Felt able to offer such a seemingly great bike with an Ultegra 6800 group for $2000 while every other manufacturer worth mentioning is selling similarly outfitted bikes for $800 to $1500 more? (Trek, Cervelo, Specialized, Cannondale, etc) I know the felt B14 is far from the top of the line model, but this still seems like an incredibly great bargain for only $2000. So what if anything am I missing here because this appears to be a nearly perfect bike for what I can afford and for my abilities?
Quote Reply
Re: Attn bike experts, need advice on Felt B series [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crujones#33 wrote:
So what if anything am I missing here because this appears to be a nearly perfect bike for what I can afford and for my abilities?

Nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Attn bike experts, need advice on Felt B series [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The B-14 is a great deal. The other bikes you mentioned typically come with an Ultegra crank as well. Felt was able to cut cost by specing a FSA crank I'd bet.
Quote Reply
Re: Attn bike experts, need advice on Felt B series [Anando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say go for it - all the B series bikes seem like great value. I ride a 2012 B16 almost as stock apart from switching the saddle for a Cobb and the FSA crank for an Ultegra one. Switching the crank didn't make the slightest bit of difference performance wise I guess, but it just looks better! I've got my eye on the new B2 for the future as well, and wouldn't hesitate pulling the trigger on another Felt. I'm assuming they've done away with the extremely dodgy slippery aerobar pads by now!

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mind you, I think the felt is a great deal but it's not really an ultegra build. The shifters, crank, and cassette are lower specced. They don't affect end of the day speed but it does cut costs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2011 Felt B16 and absolutely love it. i have done three changes
Flo 60/90
Power2Max (on FSA) powermeter
Replaced the slippery gel pads

I have had ZERO problems with this bike.

With the 2015 lineup...I am getting the itch to upgrade though. I REALLY like the look of the IA4 but my engine needs more attention than my want for a new bike.
Quote Reply