Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol I think you are referring to a different country, perhaps the UAE.

I read every word in every post about Bahrain and I would like to kindly remind every triathlete that triathlon is a special sport that attracts everyone, regardless of their social or financial status. Moreover, Challenge Bahrain targets Bahraini citizens first, in order to create a healthy and a unified society.

Triathlon is not a sport that whitewashes reputations, it is a sport that brings people together and cures differences in between people of different backgrounds. Those professionals will come to Bahrain and receive an amount in return when they win, but what the Bahraini society will receive in return is priceless.

I urge you all to open your hearts to the many forgotten societies around the world, in Asia, in South America, in Africa, and even in Eastern Europe. There are people there wanting to be part of the developed world and enjoy having in their countries what they can see on TV happening elsewhere in the West. Don't prevent this dream from spreading, give to others what you have, let sports do what leaders can't.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [Saqeralkhalifa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I was being facetious and am well aware that Bahrain is not the UAE. Consider this an opportunity to educate North Americans on Bahrain's commitment to due process of law, individual liberties and civil rights, and the distinction will become crystal clear. Good luck with your race.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much. We have many things planned for this race in the future as well. I hope to see you and everyone here in Bahrain sometimes in the future. Cheers my friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting to see Erin Densham on there. Otherwise, no current ITU studs. Makes sense with next year being so huge for Rio.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [Saqeralkhalifa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This race looks to be coming together nicely! Well done.
I'm seriously considering going to race (as a slowpoke age grouper). Once I can figure out logistics, accommodations, distances from hotels to venue, shuttle's etc...-I will let my wife know :)

Keep up the great work! Looks like it will be one of the best pro fields around and I bet some pro's are still seriously considering.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [Jordan45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordan45 wrote:
"We tortured some folks" - The Prince of Bahrain

Well played, sir

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In his latest podcast Macca speaks a lot about the race. Interesting stuff. Probably one of Macca's better podcasts. He talks about everything from a World Championship that encompasses all brands to rumors of the Prince buying WTC or Challenge. The more I hear about this, the more I can imagine the significance this race could have on the tri world. But if it's all about a single, big prize race for the pros, not so much.

What is the plan to televise it ? Internet stream, NBC sports :-).....Have you hired a crew as competent as the ITU racing people ? With such big names on the course it would be a pity to have some of the crappy coverage other races have.

Macca seems to say Brownlees, Javier and Stimpson will be there. Wow. I am guessing the final list is far from complete.

He kind of alludes that the prize purse will grow year over year. Is this the plan ? Do you see a million dollar purse one day ?

Is Challenge Bahrain using mostly volunteers to run the event, like WTC ?

When the Prince did IM Florida I think he mentioned one day he would like to bring a World Championship to Bahrain. Is that still his vision ?

Can you say how the Bahrain race may be strategic to the Challenge brand ?

The star studded field is great and probably nobody is really interested in age groupers, but what is the race doing to attract us ? Yes, it seems like a beautiful country, an exotic trip for many of us, but so it Pucon Chile or going to Thailand or even South Africa. What would you say is the main lure of this race over others if I am going to drop 3k on a race. I did the test last night at dinner table and Chile won out over Bahrain :-). How do I convince them ?

In how many years do you see Bahrain going to full distance ?

sorry for all the questions :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
In his latest podcast Macca speaks a lot about the race. Interesting stuff. Probably one of Macca's better podcasts. He talks about everything from a World Championship that encompasses all brands to rumors of the Prince buying WTC or Challenge. The more I hear about this, the more I can imagine the significance this race could have on the tri world. But if it's all about a single, big prize race for the pros, not so much.

What is the plan to televise it ? Internet stream, NBC sports :-).....Have you hired a crew as competent as the ITU racing people ? With such big names on the course it would be a pity to have some of the crappy coverage other races have.

Macca seems to say Brownlees, Javier and Stimpson will be there. Wow. I am guessing the final list is far from complete.

He kind of alludes that the prize purse will grow year over year. Is this the plan ? Do you see a million dollar purse one day ?

Is Challenge Bahrain using mostly volunteers to run the event, like WTC ?

When the Prince did IM Florida I think he mentioned one day he would like to bring a World Championship to Bahrain. Is that still his vision ?

Can you say how the Bahrain race may be strategic to the Challenge brand ?

The star studded field is great and probably nobody is really interested in age groupers, but what is the race doing to attract us ? Yes, it seems like a beautiful country, an exotic trip for many of us, but so it Pucon Chile or going to Thailand or even South Africa. What would you say is the main lure of this race over others if I am going to drop 3k on a race. I did the test last night at dinner table and Chile won out over Bahrain :-). How do I convince them ?

In how many years do you see Bahrain going to full distance ?

sorry for all the questions :-)

Hi there, some information I can't share now, but I can tell you that our race will get better every year. Yes there are more pros that we will announce soon. We are looking to at least have it live streamed, and working with Peter Henning on that. As for why choose Bahrain, well, I'm sure Chile is a beautiful country, but I believe what's beautiful in Bahrain is the people of Bahrain. The money you spend is an investment here, you have to come and see yourself. Bahrain is a small country that has everything in it. It is a place that makes everyone feel like they're part of the family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have any idea when they will put the weekend schedule up on the race website? I'm trying to see if I can get the time off work to come to the race, but I can't tell when I need to be there other than raceday. Any information will help.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, we are working on having every detail possible up within a week. However, I can tell you that Thursday is the Pasta Party and mandatory brief, right after the Ladies 5km charity run, Friday is the check in day after the Junior Challenge in the morning, Saturday is race day and at night is the ceremony.
Let me know if you need any further details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that answers my questions. I don't know if I can make the Thursday night briefing, will I be DQ'd if I miss it? That may be a dealbreaker for me, but I will try and make it.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Attendance won't be taken, but you will be held accountable for all the details there, which is going to be clearly stated in the Athletes guide as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it, thanks! I will see you there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard that Daniela Ryf, Melissa Hauschildt, Gomez and Brownlees were not offered appearance money and goodies like the other ambassadors that are apart from Kienle seem to be ironman focused athletes like Jacobs, Carfrae and Rinny. That sounds absolutely crazy! Note that none of them have been announced as racing yet and none are talking about it so sounds like it could be true?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [TriZoeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well sometimes you can do other things than appearance money to get the best.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [OkotoksLawyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OkotoksLawyer wrote:
Name me a country and I can probably find a human rights organization somewhere objecting to some alleged violation. In the USA there have been many allegations the US has engaged in torture..

Anyone that seeks the truth in just what these so-called "allegations" consist of by way of the top CIA officer's account of the EITs approved by the Justice Department that his officers carried out and which he described in his book "Hard Measures" would find that the "torture" our terrorist "friends" were exposed to was like getting a pedicure compared to what we pay to "enjoy" in a mass start IM swim wave. !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saqeralkhalifa wrote:
Well sometimes you can do other things than appearance money to get the best.

Hi, when will you be publishing the final pro start list ?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully within a couple of days.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect timing as the race was just brought up in another thread. It looks like Michael Raelert is really rounding into form. Have you figured anything out as regards live streaming?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Bahrain Announces Stellar Pro Field [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're working with the best team to bring the event to you through live streaming. Still need to tie some ends and hopefully the good news awaits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This course looks great and i am very excited to have a good time on Dec 6th.
Quote Reply

Prev Next