Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [burninglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only have 15 miles on mine (one race). I'm looking forward to start riding again this week!

Last edited by: slow123: Nov 12, 14 11:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my 2012 D6!

CJ
2xIM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After getting rear ended 2 weekends ago, I'm shopping for replacement road bikes for my wife and me in anticipation of replacement money from the insurance. The Fuji's look like a great price, and the Transonic looks nice.

The few posts on this thread look like people like the brand. The only person I know personally that's had a Fuji didn't recommend them based on his Altamira, but I'm looking for other Fuji owner opinions. Any other Fuji Road bike owners?

burninglegs - Did you end up getting a transonic? any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own a D6 2012 and all I can say is that the frame is super stiff, no way to break it unless you crash... I only had a problem with the dropouts screws one thread got damaged and instead of re-threading it with a male screw or 1 size bigger screw I bought some washers and have the same on both sides, just in case it happens again to the other side there no way to have the problem again. At the end I am not a super PRO track cyclist and can afford some gap between the frame and the disc wheel.

But... cons about the D6. You like it or not, there is no middle point (super cool looking or ugly). And the weight, so much carbon at the end is weight, combined with high profile wheels makes it a bike over 9 kg ready to race easily in the scale. That's not a problem for flat races but with wind or hilly races you need to move that frame and extra weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [fward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Have about 200 miles on this beauty. I had been having some indexing issues with Ultegra 6800 and the front break not quite hitting evenly while breaking. Haven't had any problems with breaking and the shifting was taken care of nicely by my LBS. Bought the bike from Performance and the guy who helped me didn't seem very confident with his explanations about my issues so I took it to my LBS.

All in all, great upgrade from the SST I was riding previously. The SST was a bit harsher on the bum and I feel that this bike climbed a little better and to my surprise, actually descends better then the SST after comparing data from one of my standard rides.

Last edited by: heftesmurf: May 11, 15 7:54
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [krull_etc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While not a tri model, my roadie is a Fuji. I have the SST 2.1 (2013 model). Love the bike. It isn't exactly built for comfort but I love riding it, and loved some other Fuji models I tried out (i.e. Transonic)

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [heftesmurf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I wasn't thrilled about my 2013 Altamira (Ultegra 10s) was the Oval wheels. Both the 300 & 500 series seemed heavy and awfully slow (as in, more effort need to maintain speed). Replaced them w/Flo 30's and the bike is alive.

Full confidence in bombing downhill close to 50 mph. As far as I can tell, that says a lot re the quality of the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Fuji bike owners on here? [Porfirio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I bought a Fuji Altamira 3.0 in 2011. It has close to 10k miles on it now and I haven't had any issues with it.

The Oval wheels were a problem in my case. The rear would not hold true and after several attempts to get it back to round my mechanic finally gave up and said the hoop was done for. I put some Zipp 404's on it and it became a whole new bike! No complaints about the bike at all with the new wheels. The frame has never had any problems and still looks good.

Got it for a song of a price at a Performance Bike grand opening. For the price, they are hard to beat. The Altamira is not the most aggressive geometry, but it was not designed to be that way. I may go with a more aggressive frame at some point, but I really can't find another reason to upgrade from the Fuji so far.
Quote Reply

Prev Next