Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Feedback
Quote | Reply
Come on ST, give me everything you've got as to why computrainer classes suck. Don't disappoint, pure ST style. Go.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Feedback [sharpe26iu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharpe26iu wrote:
Come on ST, give me everything you've got as to why computrainer classes suck. Don't disappoint, pure ST style. Go.

The studio I went to for a while used PerfPro with everyones metrics displayed on a second monitor ( wall projector ) and everyone, even the girls ( great cyclist though ) had higher FTP than I did.....
otherwise, no downside.
but I had a Computraier, Perfpro and a dedicated trainer bike at home so in the end, it was just more convenient to do the sessions at home
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought 6 CompuTrainers (mostly used) along with PerfPRO Studio software and 2 projectors. Loaded up Sufferfest and ErgVideos. Projected each ride on 16-foot wide x 8-foot tall wall on opposite side of basement. Cranked up sound system and fans. Invited 11 friends to train with me over the winter (2-sessions a night and two nights a week).

Increased my FTP by 15%. Everyone else increased their FTP by 20-35%. Now I'm even more off the back on our training rides. CompuTrainer classes suck!
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Feedback [Kscycler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When will we see wahoo kickr classes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sharpe26iu wrote:

I have seen them priced anywhere from $25 to $35 a class. That sucks. For the price of 20 classes you can buy your own pre-owned computrainer, or for 10 classes any other decent trainer. I am not a cheapskate, but I can't imagine paying $35 to ride my bike for an hour or two indoors. In the interest of full disclosure, I have had a computrainer since 1995 (still going strong) and have it set up in a nice pain cave. I guess it is a personal preference thing, but I would rather own, than pay overpriced rent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only upside I see when compared to just riding at home with TrainerRoad is the advantage of riding with others. I join a class in the winter just to make the rides more bearable and catch up with my buddies.
Quote Reply