Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peeing during a 70.3..Yes? No? Dehydrated? Too much salt?
Quote | Reply
I have had some nutrition issues thus far during racing, and discussed it here: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ng=trimesbr;#5206495 What I didn't mention (and could be part of the issue - but is likely a whole separate issue) is that I did not have to pee at all on the bike and run (nearly 6 hours of racing).

Background:

- I always drink quite a bit of water, and the night before the race I had to keep getting up to pee.
- Morning of the race I didn't down a ton of water, but had a coffee and a bottle of water near me all morning (prob drank 24 oz of water + the coffee, all between 5 am and my 7:48 start).
- Pee'd 2x during the swim
- Drank 20-24 oz of fluids each hour on the bike (16 water, 8 of infinit mix).

I have a hard time believing I wasn't taking on enough fluids. That said, I did take 2 salt tablets before the bike and 2 more before the run. Perhaps it was too much salt such that my body was simply retaining the water, leaving me BOTH dehydrated and unable to pee?

I'm not looking to give away time by stopping to pee (or slowing down to comfortably pee myself on the bike - right?), but I feel like the lack of needing to pee is a red flag of sorts.

Thoughts?

Ask away if you want more info.

@CycleHeavy
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing during a 70.3..Yes? No? Dehydrated? Too much salt? [TriMeSBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done 6 70.3 races, ad I've never had to pee during any of them. Everyone is different...
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing during a 70.3..Yes? No? Dehydrated? Too much salt? [TriMeSBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im no doc, it just feels like you flushed out all the good stuff in your system before you even started.

Getting up to pee at night multiple times and then 24oz of water and coffee is tons on an already hydrated system. Atleast it sounds like it to me.

I'll make sure my pee is pretty much clear leading up to the day before the race, and on race morning i'm sipping on gatorade or another electrolyte mix -- maybe a 1/4 bottle at the max, because i dont want to pee during the race, or if so, make sure its towards the end
Quote Reply