Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Controller Problem
Quote | Reply
My computrainer controller (the yellow box you mount on the handlebars) suddenly no longer seems to be interfacing with the Racermate 1 software. It's strange because the software recognizes the computrainer equipment and will register data during the calibration function, but when I try to use any other function (Power Training, 3D Courses or Real Video Courses, the controller isn't working. In particular, pressing any of the controller buttons (like the F1 start button) doesn't work, and I hear a beep each time I press a button. There's no data being registered on the the software either (though there is clearly a connection because the calibration mode works).

Anyone have any experience with this problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Controller Problem [wylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it happened to me twice a while ago. You basically have to reset the software to default... go to the installation folder of the application (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\RacerMate Inc\RacerMateOne ) and :

make a backup of the file RM1_DefaultSettings.xml ( cuz i am paranoid )
Now, the funny part is that I remember clearing the setting, but not exactly what I did. So it's either:

#1 execute the CleanSetting.exe, start application see if it works
else
#2 delete the file RM1_DefaultSettings.xml and restart application

I think I did #2.

don't forget to reconfigure your profile after!
Last edited by: Sotanx: Aug 20, 14 12:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's software? You can hook it up to a computer?? ;)

Haha I'm just an erg mode user now. Previously I did have a connection issue and replaced the issued cord with a new standard audio cord and it did the trick

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had this problem a couple of times. The good news is that it is an easy fix. You need to go into the software on the computer and make yourself the FIRST rider. I don't recall exactly how to do this right now as I'm at work but I've had the software put me as something other than the first rider and it is expecting the Computrainer connected rider as the first one.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply