Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Testing westsuits
Quote | Reply
Was gonna do some tests on two wetsuits this week during an OWS we do in a nearby pond. 1/4 mile around....do a few laps each in the different suits.

Quick question - how difficult is it to change to the second suit once youa re already wet? Seems like it could a bit of a b*tch. Any tips / advice in that area?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Testing westsuits [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use a plastic grocery bag to get your arms and legs through.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Testing westsuits [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
definitely the plastic bag trick, but why not also towel off between changes?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Testing westsuits [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, of course I would towel off, but there is always still some moisture left behind.

Hadn't considered the ol' grocery bag trick. Thanks for the reminder.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when pulling the suit up, turn as much of the suit inside out as possible and pull from the liner side of the suit. It will help you pull without tearing the suit.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Testing westsuits [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakers wrote:
when pulling the suit up, turn as much of the suit inside out as possible and pull from the liner side of the suit. It will help you pull without tearing the suit.

jake

Yup....already do that most times anyway.

Do you think it would it be easier if I pull it on the second suit in the water....fill the suit up as necessary to adjust?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps, but getting it adjusted properly will likely be difficult with water inside the suit.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo should swim the tests as a cross over test. Suit 1 then X amount of rest. Suit 2 X amount of rest suit 2 X amount of rest Suit 1. This should allow you to factor out fatigue and limits the suit changes.

i've done several wet suit tests and agree on the grocery bag trick for both arms and legs. I actually use it at races (when I remember to bring a grocery bag)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Testing westsuits [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input, Brian. I was wondering how to judge fatigue in my testing. That method makes sense.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have any questions about how I did my testing either time, PM them to me. Happy to answer them.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply