Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pro triathlete 140.6 relay dream team [gunsbuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am guessing 5 minutes on the swim, 12 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the run. People in here tend to overestimate the tri pros abilities in single sports. But i do not think many of the tris would run sub 2. 25, and nobody would be able to hang with Tony Martin. Only ones able to do that would be pure cyclists like Cancellara, Wiggo and a handfull of others.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro triathlete 140.6 relay dream team [JBrashear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hotman for the swim
Roadhouse for the bike
The run would be cancelled due to reverse time warp due to gap on field
Quote Reply
Re: Pro triathlete 140.6 relay dream team [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
I would choose Starky for all three.

Jordan,

Care to elaborate on this? While Starky has a potent swim/bike combo, it has been proven that many pro triathletes can run faster off the bike.

It would be similar to making the statement "I would choose Kienle for all three". While Kienle has a potent bike/run, it is proven that many pro triathletes can swim much faster.

Thanks
Alan aka japarker24

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro triathlete 140.6 relay dream team [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he was joking.

Thinking about this while swimming. We're I picking a team of current US LC doods, I'd go with Potts on the swim and Starky on the bike. No idea about the run though. Do any US guys have that dominant marathon? I'm sure plenty could drop a good open, but anyone extra special?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Pro triathlete 140.6 relay dream team [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rapp has run 2:46:55 at IM Texas.
TO has run 2:50:18 at IM Brazil.

I certainly wouldn't mind having either on my team.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro triathlete 140.6 relay dream team [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
I would choose Starky for all three.

Jordan,

Care to elaborate on this? While Starky has a potent swim/bike combo, it has been proven that many pro triathletes can run faster off the bike.

It would be similar to making the statement "I would choose Kienle for all three". While Kienle has a potent bike/run, it is proven that many pro triathletes can swim much faster.

Thanks
Alan aka japarker24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjE1uSMXGyU

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply

Prev Next