Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
Bont do narrow, normal and wide fittings. I have have a fairly wide forefoot, and find the normal fitment Bonts okay. I'm probably close to needing a wide, but certainly haven't found any discomfort. They seem to have a lot of arch support, but once they're tightened up they feel great on the bike. I'd certainly look at a wide model if you found the normal fit too narrow.

After contacting their customer support, I've discovered that they also do a "Double Wide" option.
Which models do they make in double wide?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loutriguy wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
Bont do narrow, normal and wide fittings. I have have a fairly wide forefoot, and find the normal fitment Bonts okay. I'm probably close to needing a wide, but certainly haven't found any discomfort. They seem to have a lot of arch support, but once they're tightened up they feel great on the bike. I'd certainly look at a wide model if you found the normal fit too narrow.

After contacting their customer support, I've discovered that they also do a "Double Wide" option.

Which models do they make in double wide?

I was looking specifically at the Sub-8 model, but I would guess any model that offers a wide option would also offer the double wide. There was also a $30 upcharge for it. I also asked what the width was and he stated the width depends on the shoe size but the 42 in double wide was 108-112 mm.
Last edited by: Burnt Toast: Aug 31, 14 16:02
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [bakz14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bakz14 wrote:
Hi guys,

Can you recommend a tri-shoe brand/model that would fit my flat and wide feet? I've tried specialized, sidi and giro so far. The length is good but the width is just too narrow. Appreciate your thoughts! Thanks

I have wide feet too. I think I have duck genes somewhere in my family tree. I feel your pain.

I got Shimanos for my big ass quackin feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Bontrager Hilo tri shoes work wonders for my Fred Flintstone feet.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see you went with Bont, that's what I'm using for my race shoes and they are awesome for the $$.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
JerseyBigfoot wrote:

For a tri-shoe, Bont customer service said that my 260x110 feet need sub-8's double wide (no 2x wide in the Riot-TR). But that option isn't listed on the website.

So now I'm curious, what are everyone's feet dimensions... especially those of you using Lake Cycling, Sidi Mega, leather Shimano?

Length: 260mm
Width: 110mm (perpendicular to longitudinal axis) / 113mm (across the metatarsals)
Shoe: Northwave Tribute (Extremes are a bit narrower :( )

/Howie Nordström
Last edited by: lllusion: Sep 1, 14 9:11
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
256mm x 114mm.

I was wearing Size 42 Northwave Tribal's but had an warrantee issue with them and will now be wearing NW Tribute's. The Bont guy I was emailing said with my width, he'd recommend a full custom shoe, but I'm not paying that kind of money. If I'm already squeezing my feet into shoes that are not wide enough, I'm not going full custom when I'm a couple mm wider then their double wide shoe. I'm sure that the wide option would work just fine as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-shooes for wide feet [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
The Bontrager Hilo tri shoes work wonders for my Fred Flintstone feet.

x2

18x Ironman, 3x Hawaii
US Army (Ret.), Vietnam Vet ('71-'72)
Quote Reply

Prev Next