Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Off Season Training Plan
Quote | Reply
Looking for recommendations for training during the good old Canadian winter. I plan on cross training a bit and doing the big three from October until early May when I would start my 12 week sprint program. For reference, it will be my fourth year and I like doing sprint duathlons and triathlons. I have 8-12 hours per week to train not including travel time, actually time training. In a perfect world the plan would include some strength and core training and be loadable into training peaks. Thanks.
Last edited by: aries33: Jul 28, 14 7:41
Quote Reply
Re: Off Season Training Plan [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
depending on where you are, you might be able to run outside all winter. at the very least get on a treadmill. IMO, running is the most important leg, especially for sprint distance tris.

Swim as much as you can. The off season is ideal for swimming, and the technique improvements and swim fitness gains will stick around for a while if you just do maintenance level swimming during the season.

Then do some other stuff. xc skiiing, yoga, strength work....If you have a mountain bike, hit the trails. I don't think it matters exactly what you do, just make sure you do it consistently.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Off Season Training Plan [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12 to 18 weeks focusing on the weaker of your swim and run. You can get a lot done with 8-12 hours a week.

jaretj
Quote Reply