Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tell me how to get around Roth
Quote | Reply
Got an entry this morning.
Please tell me how you got around Roth and where you stayed.
First time in Europe
Thanks very much!
Last edited by: Iwant2gofast: Jul 28, 14 4:24
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me how to get around Roth [Iwant2gofast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely use a service like Endurance Sports Travel. Couldn't have done it without them. Stayed at Park Inn, but if I did it again I would stay in Roth. You spend a lot of time shuttling back and forth.

http://bethanyrutledge.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me how to get around Roth [Atlrunrgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna find a cheaper option first. I just spoke to a friend and he might be able to meet up. If not I'll definitely look into the travel agency! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Np.. I should also mention that if you do stay in Nuremberg the Park Inn has the most amazing breakfast I have ever experienced at any hotel. They started it at 3 AM on race morning for us, too.

Quote Reply
Re: Tell me how to get around Roth [Atlrunrgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't find anything but WTC races on Endurance Sports Travel's website. Can you point me in the right direction?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Book your flights to Nuremberg. It's much closer than Munich and a much smaller airport.
Rent a car through Auto Europe. Get a Mercedes diesel wagon, it comes with free GPS, it has plenty of room for bike boxes, and gets 1000km to a tank (fuel is very expensive in Europe).
Write down all your addresses before you leave and use the GPS.... you'll never got lost.
Oh, and pick up the car from a city location... you'll save $150 over an airport pickup, and the train to get into the city is 3 euros and only 10mins.
You can drop off at the airport though for no extra charge.

Accommodation is tough... but the race site has plenty of information. Book EARLY (like NOW).
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me how to get around Roth [Fooshee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This year was the first one they did Roth so perhaps they were going to see how it went first? I think they were going directly to another IM so perhaps they haven't updated info for next year yet. I would try contacting them directly from the website.

Quote Reply
Re: Tell me how to get around Roth [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've emailed at least 20hotels between Nuremburg hilspoltein allesberg and Roth. Only 2-3 responded. How did you book your hotel when it's the July of next year isn't even in their booking site yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iwant2gofast wrote:
I've emailed at least 20hotels between Nuremburg hilspoltein allesberg and Roth. Only 2-3 responded. How did you book your hotel when it's the July of next year isn't even in their booking site yet?

Hotels don't need to be booked so early. There is plenty of non-hotel accommodation around Nuremberg/Roth. Try the race website, airbnb, etc...
Quote Reply