Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shinamo Di2 Help Please! Charger not working!
Quote | Reply
I had Di2 put on my bike about 6 weeks ago. I do a fair bit of riding, although a lot of it is on the computrainer, where I do less shifting. Nevertheless, the battery died mid-ride today. First the FD stopped shifting, and maybe 30 min later, the RD stopped shifting. This made for a long ride back home. Lesson learned. However, I'm now trying to charge it with the brand new/out of the box charger, and I get nothing but a blinking red error signal from the charger. I made sure the temperature isn't too hot/cold in the room; I tried both the PC and the AC adapter to the wall (yes, I double checked that it is sufficient enough A); I've disconnected and reconnected the cables multiple times; I've tried a few different wall outlets. I'm out of ideas. Can anyone suggest something that I haven't tried? Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Shinamo Di2 Help Please! Charger not working! [quakertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of battery? Seattube internal or external?
What model of junction box?
What model charger (PCE1)?

If you have the PCE1, can you use the e-tube software with a computer to view the system status?

I would isolate as much wiring as possible and triple check all connections at every point in the system. The battery or board on the battery could have died... swaping it with a known good one might help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The seatpost battery charger requires a USB power source greater than 1 amp. Most are not so you get the flashing light. So check the output rating on your USB transformer and find one greater than 1 amp.
Quote Reply
Re: Shinamo Di2 Help Please! Charger not working! [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is greater than 1 amp, I double checked :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, you can use your regular charger as a USB programmer... Just plug the USB into your laptop and download the E-Tube software. Possibly all your firmware isn't on the same rev?

-Alex

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what I worry about with the electronic shifting systems; one more thing you have to plug in and one more thing that can fail although a new Di2 battery is only 65 bucks once the warranty runs out.
Quote Reply
Re: Shinamo Di2 Help Please! Charger not working! [Bull_Winkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bull_Winkle wrote:
This is what I worry about with the electronic shifting systems; one more thing you have to plug in and one more thing that can fail although a new Di2 battery is only 65 bucks once the warranty runs out.

Except you have to plug it in about every 6 months... It's not a huge deal and the shifting is fantastic...

-Alex

Quote Reply