Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bicyclist killed [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Menifee 24/7 has just received confirmation that the oldest son of the bicyclist killed in a traffic accident July 23 was found dead today of an apparent suicide.

The death of Cameron Carp was announced this afternoon on the Facebook pages of his brother, Travis, and uncle, Marc, and confirmed by a family friend. Cameron's age has not been released.

"My brother committed suicide this morning," Travis Carp posted on his Facebook page. "I don't even know what to say. I didn't think things could get worse."

http://www.menifee247.com/...pparent-suicide.html

Quote Reply
Re: Bicyclist killed [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
The driver hit Matt from behind, leaving no skidmarks. - The traffic team took the driver's cell phone as evidence to. They later booked him at the jail for vehicular manslaughter. A misdemeanor. I guess that really doesn't matter as it won't bring Matt back. We'll post a ghost bike at the top of the hill to remind drivers to watch out for us.
Tim

The fact that drivers who kill cyclists usually get a slap on the wrist "doesn't matter"? This attitude continues to baffle me. You might as well say that this person's life is inconsequential.

Last week a driver was charged with felony homicide for drifting off the road and killing someone. The difference? The person who died was a cop. Talk about a double standard...
Quote Reply
Re: Bicyclist killed [v0coder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
v0coder wrote:
tritimmy wrote:

The driver hit Matt from behind, leaving no skidmarks. - The traffic team took the driver's cell phone as evidence to. They later booked him at the jail for vehicular manslaughter. A misdemeanor. I guess that really doesn't matter as it won't bring Matt back. We'll post a ghost bike at the top of the hill to remind drivers to watch out for us.
Tim

The fact that drivers who kill cyclists usually get a slap on the wrist "doesn't matter"? This attitude continues to baffle me. You might as well say that this person's life is inconsequential.

Last week a driver was charged with felony homicide for drifting off the road and killing someone. The difference? The person who died was a cop. Talk about a double standard...

I didn't interpret his statement in the same manner you did. IMO you took it more literal.

When it comes to cops, there is always a double standard.

Quote | Reply
TheGupster wrote:
v0coder wrote:
tritimmy wrote:

Tim

I didn't interpret his statement in the same manner you did. IMO you took it more literal.

When it comes to cops, there is always a double standard.

You are correct on the interpretation of that statement. Thank you for clarifying that for him.

You are incorrect on your second statement. Had I been the one that was struck and killed, the charge would have been the same...at least in this state...even though I'm a cop.
Quote Reply

Prev Next