Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are all power meters created equal? I didn't see any garmin, polar, or pioneer on any list
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad I'm not the only one with multiple PM's

I don't feel so bad having 3 PT's, 1 P2Max and 2 CT's

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where was the problem? cleaning the garage?

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [dgran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgran wrote:
Reading this thread has firmed up my resolve to only use the power meter during the winter on the trainer (CT). I easily become a numbers junkie and spend the winter staring at the number while I ride, but when spring comes I ride by feel outside. When I'm transitioning between the two it is funny how one or the other feels like it "counts" but it is all good. For my own good I need a forced break from analytic cycling. I was toying with the idea of getting an on bike PM but no thanks.

The funny thing is...since I'm not really "training" for anything in particular at the moment, I use my PMs mostly as a "black box recorder" of my actual rides. Downloading the file is easier than filling out some sort of training log ;-) I really don't look at the power numbers very often while riding...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [efntm1432] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efntm1432 wrote:
Are all power meters created equal? I didn't see any garmin, polar, or pioneer on any list

You didn't read close enough then...I saw all 3.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a noob, only have 2 PT currently. Had 3, but sold one.
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mice droppings, everywhere. have captured 8. we'll see what the total body count is when this is all over. :-p

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. it feels like i've told hundreds and yet still find people i haven't mentioned it to yet. next june is the date for the power meter girl and i :)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how do you find the power2max?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SRM on road bike. Quarq on Tri Bike. Powertap planned for ordering in September for the winter bike. Simply cannot train without power. Totally and utterly dependent on the numbers. Its a good thing though - isn't it???

;-)

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmmm, gonna pick a bone with your sig line. it's like chicken and the egg, what really comes first? I know a lot of physiologists that know the WHY very well but don't have the first clue about developing a training plan. I know a lot of coaches that are amazing at what they do but only know 10% of what a physiologist knows. I've spent 10 years picking the brains of both scientists and coaches to get the straight dope from both sides and then reconcile one against the other :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2max is on my road bike. Like someone mentioned in another thread, it's about a second behind the PT's while using my Garmin 500, 310 and Joule. I find it very reliable and it's reads almost identical to my PT's.

I like it so much that I'll be buying another one when I get a new bike next year.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [efntm1432] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efntm1432 wrote:

They aren't created equally with price :).

I haven't seen any good review for the polar power meter, we don't recommend it as a company. It's not ANT+ either so it won't work with TrainerRoad.

Garmin Vectors and Pioneers are expensive! Neither company cares to give us any sort of discount either :).

New TR employees get a Giant Defy 1 (if they aren't already cyclists) and we get them a trainer/power meter combo. We just got on the SRAM ambassador program so I'm guessing everyone is going to get Quarqs in the future.

We also have some Zipp FC wheel sets that we share (808/Disc) for TTs/Tris.

This sounds like a ton of stuff but we get industry deal pricing, plus all of this stuff is tax deductible so we get some nice savings.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jdais wrote:
I am a noob, only have 2 PT currently. Had 3, but sold one.

Snap. I had 3 briefly as well.

First: Powertap Elite + on cheap wheel (bought wheelcover)
Second: Powertap SL+ in 50mm carbon clincher
Third: Powertap SL+ in Zipp disk

I sold the first one, so currently have 2. Disk right now is set up on the trainer on a road bike. 50mm clincher PT is on my other road bike for day-day outdoor use.

Can't see how I'd get by with only one...
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [TOMOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a quarq on my TT and my Road bike. Thinking of building another road bike and was debating the PM and now I don't feel so bad... Some of you guys and gals have problems that you might want to talk to someone about. lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heh -

After two years, some people are still surprised to see us with a kid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getting married!!!!!!!

no kid for us (at least not for a long while)

Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [jamgam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's kinda why i started the thread. a little bit of ST group therapy. "oh, i'm not _that_ bad" ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew that! I was just providing a comparable example showing how easy it is to presume that a fact is common knowledge, and yet it's really not!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 4 Powertaps. I built up a new set of training wheels this year so my training wheels would have the same rim width as my race wheels so I wouldn't have to adjust my brakes all the time. So I put my old training wheels on my commuter so now I have power on that bike. I'm building a new cross bike and it kills me I don't have a Powertap for it.

I let my girlfriend use my road wheels a few times so she could ride with power and now she wants a Powertap. So it may not be too long and I'll be living in a 6 power meter household too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah, yes! make sense now!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i decided to invest is the best powermeter on the market on all my bikes....no battery change, no calibration, no download, no maintenance cost, no installation. I think more people should ;)

and i will take on anyone challenge to check to calibration of it....!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter addiction and hoarding disorder [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
A chick with not one but two power meters. That's a keeper.

Not directed at me but awwww thanks! :0)

In my defence, my road and tri bikes have different sized wheels, so I need at LEAST two.

formerly but still a Run Snail...
Quote Reply

Prev Next